Price taking a leave of absence for the Canadians for mental health

GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

So everyone rails on Robyn Lehner for having mental issues, but it's all "hope he gets the help he needs" when it's a player from a different team. Such a delicate issue. 

Had Lehner admitted he had a problem & sought treatment while he still had time remaining on his contract w/ the Sabres, expect Sabres fans would've viewed his situation differently than they did.

The 2 situations weren't exactly apples to apples.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

So everyone rails on Robyn Lehner for having mental issues, but it's all "hope he gets the help he needs" when it's a player from a different team. Such a delicate issue. 

Well, Price didn't badmouth and make accusations (whether it be fair or baseless) against any of the doctors or FO personal he's worked with on twitter or during interviews.  He also refrained from simultaneously taking responsibility and then blaming everyone else around him in the same press conference.  So yes, it is a very different situation because each goalie handled themselves in very different manner.

And I think everyone is hoping Lehner gets the help they need.  He just isn't endearing himself to anyone with his bloviating.

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!
  • Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I hope and pray that he gets the help he needs.  His wife seems to be a wonderful woman.  The team is being very helpful.  And bless him that he realized that he needed help.  It shows that even when the world is your oyster stuff happens.

He has a wife?

That’s not the vibe I’ve gotten when I’ve seen him in interviews. 

21 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

He has a wife?

That’s not the vibe I’ve gotten when I’ve seen him in interviews. 

Some people don’t advertise their private lives, just like some people don’t broadcast their level of education or their careers.

Having said that, my hope and prayer is that he gets the help he needs and has sought out.

On 10/8/2021 at 11:50 AM, Claude Balls said:

Price isn't acting like an *****, and Lehner's antics have little to do with his mental issues.

Edited by Eleven

On 10/8/2021 at 11:50 AM, Claude Balls said:

Price isn’t a dick.

54 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'll never understand the desire to put everything little thing in its own thread.

Some of us have limited time to read through mega threads and many very interesting tidbits get lost in the noise.

When I log in and click on some thread and it takes me to the first unread post (that's how I have it set up) and I see 5, or more, pages of unread posts I immeditely leave the thread and don't read it.

As much as I hate to agree with him (😉) I'm with @PASabreFan on this one.  I prefer smaller more specific threads than the massive 100+ page jobies.  Except for the Bills thread, as that can be easily divided up into sections ... draft, free agency, game day and interesting stuff along the way.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I'll never understand the desire to put everything little thing in its own thread.

I brought that up about a year or so ago … it’s how the site prefers to be run.  
I personally don’t find it very difficult… To jump to the unread replies portion of each thread and start reading from there when I click into each thread. Obviously that sentiment is not shared with many others and the preference is to have five Jack Eichel (or same overall subject matter) threads. 
it is what it is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.