Sabres Training Camp Starts September 23rd

Brawndo

I think that they said that Prospects report on the 15th with the prospect tournament starting on the 17th.

JJ Peterka, Jack Quinn, Lukas Rousek , Linus Weissbach, et cetera.    Time for an AHL TV subscription.

BTW, posting in Firefox seems to be broken for me. Maybe it's a plugin.  Anyone else have this problem? Moderators?

So, I posted using Vivaldi instead.

Edited by etiennep99

18 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

So... no dev camp this year?   

Will the NCAA kids be allowed to participate in the prospects tournament?  

Since rookie development camp is normally in July right after the draft, I’d say that is a no go.  NCAA prospects never participate in the “prospect challenge” in September since they are all back in school by that time. 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I suppose the coach should know.

When do the players show up ... right on the 23rd.  That seems kind of late.  Is it later this year due to the extended playoff?

My big questions is ... well, actually a statement ... they better have Rasmus signed by then, or Angry NS will running wild in here.

So assuming no more changes and Jack sitting, I go for cycling 4 balanced lines to start until we see what works (don’t pay much attention to the order)

This would be my starting 23-man roster, with only Lukkonen (Dell) and Hayden (Eakin) really in doubt

Skinner Ruotsalainen Bjork

Asplund Mittelstadt Thompson

Olofsson Cozens Okposo

Hinostroza Girgensons Caggiula

Hayden

Dahlin Jokiharju

Samuelsson Miller

Butcher Bryson

Hagg Pysyk

Anderson/Lukkonnen

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So assuming no more changes and Jack sitting, I go for cycling 4 balanced lines to start until we see what works (don’t pay much attention to the order)

This would be my starting 23-man roster, with only Lukkonen (Dell) and Hayden (Eakin) really in doubt

Olofsson Cozens Okposo

Hayden

Dahlin Jokiharju

Samuelsson Miller

Butcher Bryson

Hagg Pysyk

Anderson/Lukkonnen

That's not very terrible.  Not great.  Not even good, but all in all and considering what we have to work with ... not very terrible.

The D is actually not terrible, as in a step above not very terrible.  Well, the top 4 anyway.  Bryson might be okay too.

Those are mostly NHL players.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
goodly(er) typing ...
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Hey @Mustache of God I just noticed that there is a training camp thread that had been established some days ago.

It has a lot of real good info in it, such as when it is a junk like that.

I even looked down the list of threads to see if there was a training camp thread already...apparently not that well.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

That's not very terrible.  Not great.  Not even good, but all in all and considering what we have to work with ... not very terrible.

The D is actually not terrible, as in a step above not very terrible.  Well, the top 4 anyway.  Bryson might be okay too.

Those are mostly NHL players.

Hey, Pollyanna. Dial it back some.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 9/3/2021 at 3:09 PM, dudacek said:

This line intrigues me. I could see Skinner playing for his linemates more than freelancing because he would be the senior member if the line by a mile.

I actually kind of dug those lines.

Edited by Doohickie

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

This line intrigues me. I could see Skinner playing for his linemates more than freelancing because he would be the senior member if the line by a mile.

I actually kind of dug those lines.

The one player that intrigues me a lot is Arttu. I'm not sure if he is going to play center or wing this year or who his linemates will be. From what I saw last season he didn't look out of place in NHL.  I really liked his quick shot. I'm hoping that he can score in the 15 plus goal range and contribute to dispersing the scoring. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/3/2021 at 1:09 PM, dudacek said:

Olofsson Cozens Okposo

Hayden

Dahlin Jokiharju

Samuelsson Miller

Butcher Bryson

Hagg Pysyk

Anderson/Lukkonnen

A few things stand out about that line-up to me (besides the lack of skill).

The defence can move the puck.

And the forward group can skate and works hard.

I think this team will have an identity 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.