Updated Sabres Prospect Pool 2021 and beyond

GASabresIUFAN

Sounds like he overperformed at camp then couldnt hang when the season started. Too young and underdeveloped at this stage. Possible that his confidence had taken a beating and he's still finding his way back in the SHL. #speculation 

https://sanjosehockeynow.com/san-jose-sharks-william-eklund-todd-diamond-djurgarden-sweden/

If you, the Sabres fan, were building a new team and “drafting” assets from the grouping the Sabres franchise has assembled, and you had first pick, who are you taking? Can look at the entirety of the current roster and prospect system. 

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If you, the Sabres fan, were building a new team and “drafting” assets from the grouping the Sabres franchise has assembled, and you had first pick, who are you taking? Can look at the entirety of the current roster and prospect system. 

Tokarski?

😉

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Dahlin versus Power is an interesting discussion given the mystery box elements of both players.

But they are easily 1/2.

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Isak Rosen…ducks for cover 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Thorny said:

What are the rules of this game?  24 and under?  If not Alex Tuch!  He is the first bargain non-ELC player in a decade.

24 and under?  Dahlin or Power, although Cozens as a better Kesler is very intriguing. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Isak Rosen…ducks for cover 

For realz?

I’m not that familiar with Rosen

57 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What are the rules of this game?  24 and under?  If not Alex Tuch!  He is the first bargain non-ELC player in a decade.

24 and under?  Dahlin or Power, although Cozens as a better Kesler is very intriguing. 

No rules, anyone can be selected. Tuch is an interesting choice. Don’t think I’d go that way. I do think one interesting thing about the exercise is the ability to pick between vets and prospects 

It was mentioned it would be one of Dahlin or Power and that’s where my initial thought was too - but agree on Cozens being an intriguing option here. My gut was that for me it would come down to one of those 3: Dahlin, Power, or Cozens.

I think a solid argument can be made for all 3. On average in today’s game, forwards have more of an affect on driving play than D men, so that’s something potentially working in Dylan’s favour. If I considered all 3 pretty closely ranked in terms of ceiling/talent, Cozens would be my pick, but I don’t think at this point that would be my analysis of their talents.

Edited by Thorny

From Kris Baker: 

Expecting BUF active in UDFA market. A few names of interest could include (no order) Fs McLaughlin (BC), Ford (Providence) -- shocker for longtime followers, Meyers (Minn), Dixon Ward's son Taylor (UNO), and D Livingstone (Minn St), Scanlin (UNO), Blankenburg (Michigan), #gaggle

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

For realz?

I’m not that familiar with Rosen

No rules, anyone can be selected. Tuch is an interesting choice. Don’t think I’d go that way. I do think one interesting thing about the exercise is the ability to pick between vets and prospects 

It was mentioned it would be one of Dahlin or Power and that’s where my initial thought was too - but agree on Cozens being an intriguing option here. My gut was that for me it would come down to one of those 3: Dahlin, Power, or Cozens.

I think a solid argument can be made for all 3. On average in today’s game, forwards have more of an affect on driving play than D men, so that’s something potentially working in Dylan’s favour. If I considered all 3 pretty closely ranked in terms of ceiling/talent, Cozens would be my pick, but I don’t think at this point that would be my analysis of their talents.

You've got me curious.

I have a pet theory about NHL value and how its determined largely by four factors, all of which are somewhat subjective in application, but provide a concrete framework that seems to reflect how GMs work. They've also got a common currency used as a means of exchange, and that's draft picks.

It's going to take some time, but I'm going run the Sabres roster through those variables and give you an answer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Spoonman said:

From Kris Baker: 

Expecting BUF active in UDFA market. A few names of interest could include (no order) Fs McLaughlin (BC), Ford (Providence) -- shocker for longtime followers, Meyers (Minn), Dixon Ward's son Taylor (UNO), and D Livingstone (Minn St), Scanlin (UNO), Blankenburg (Michigan), #gaggle

I wonder if the Sabres will be after Strauss Mann after the Olympics? They must know him pretty well from being in Michigan so often last year for Portillo. Mann was an excellent goalie in college and has had a lot of success overseas in Sweden.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.