Jack Quinn: Interview back from hernia surgery

LGR4GM

It notes that Quinn spent time in Buffalo after his hernia surgery around the Granato led Sabres. 

Quinn also talked about watching tape to understand better how to utilize and improve his shot. Felt that he wasn't good enough with it and lacked some confidence. he's working with a strength coach in Ottawa this summer as he prepares for training camp. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

“I think it's exciting, that kind of a young core of great players you just mentioned, and I'm gonna do everything I can to try to be in that core, whether it's right off the bat or some point this season,” said Quinn “Be a good player like those guys, and I think it’s exciting that since we’re all young we can build together and go from there. We’re going to go the right direction and go up from there.”

👍

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dudacek said:

Jack Quinn seems like a great kid with a very thoughtful, mature approach to his game.

He could use a bit more arrogance in his approach.

He’s got more game than people give him credit for, and maybe than he gives himself.

The Office Yes GIF

• Like (+1) 1

Jack Quinn seems like a great kid with a very thoughtful, mature approach to his game.

He’s got more game than people give him credit for, and maybe than he gives himself.

He will be a valuable member of our core.

(There, I said it.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He will be a valuable member of our core.

(There, I said it.)

So, did you delete this & then repost?

52 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo already destroyed his career he has to be better then .

Rossi, perfetti , lundell and now  Jarvis..

giphy.webp

Only if you keep holding it over his head.

Seriously, we get it.  He was probably over drafted.  It doesn’t change the player Quinn is and will be.

You really need to say it every single time someone mentions Jack Quinn?  You really don’t get tired of repeating it for no apparent reason?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Curt said:

Only if you keep holding it over his head.

Seriously, we get it.  He was probably over drafted.  It doesn’t change the player Quinn is and will be.

You really need to say it every single time someone mentions Jack Quinn?  You really don’t get tired of repeating it for no apparent reason?

Funny, I and several others it seems, think the same thing every time a giraffe gif is posted when referring to TT. It’s tired and It’s outdated big time. Another dead horse drum beat. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Funny, I and several others it seems, think the same thing every time a giraffe gif is posted when referring to TT. It’s tired and It’s outdated big time. Another dead horse drum beat. 

The giraffe thing was always a joke, some think it’s funny, some don’t.

Its not the same as constantly bringing up that Quinn was a questionable draft pick every time someone talks about him.

At least it annoys me waaay more than a silly giraffes gif.

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

In Rochester?

Yes. I think Quinn because of his late development needs that gap year in Rochester to really develop the speed needed for the NHL game. I am not talking speed as in he skates slow or something, I mean the processing of the game at higher speeds and he can do it but I want that confidence built and him to be really ready b4 he suits up for Buffalo. JJ Peterka is just such a north south bull in the china shop that I think Quinn's playmaking will come out and he'll be able to shoot with a little extra room. JJ P also needs a full year if not 2 to adapt to NA ice and round out his game which. If 2 years from now Quinn is a 2rw or 1rw and JJP is a 2lw or 3lw, we will have done really well from a draft where we only had 2 picks of value (5th-7th rounders are basically useless). 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes. I think Quinn because of his late development needs that gap year in Rochester to really develop the speed needed for the NHL game. I am not talking speed as in he skates slow or something, I mean the processing of the game at higher speeds and he can do it but I want that confidence built and him to be really ready b4 he suits up for Buffalo. JJ Peterka is just such a north south bull in the china shop that I think Quinn's playmaking will come out and he'll be able to shoot with a little extra room. JJ P also needs a full year if not 2 to adapt to NA ice and round out his game which. If 2 years from now Quinn is a 2rw or 1rw and JJP is a 2lw or 3lw, we will have done really well from a draft where we only had 2 picks of value (5th-7th rounders are basically useless). 

I think your analysis is probably right on.

There is a key--right next to the M on most keyboards--that you should consider using from time to time.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.