Girardi and Ellis, do you want them back as Assistant Coaches?

LGR4GM

Ellis and Giardi  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Matt Ellis back as an assistant coach?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Dan Giardi back as an assistant coach?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you want them back but only if another experienced assistant is brought in?

• Yes, with experience assistant added
    • No, I want experienced assistants only
    • Yes, but I don't care about adding an "experienced" assistant

If we're so low as a franchise that we're doing some basic experiment to see if Granato could be the guy to lift us out of the abyss, then I think the experiment should be constant. Keep all three coaching variables from the spring and see what happens in the fall.

• Like (+1) 1

I say keep one of the two, but the other should move back to the player development side of the organization.  I prefer keeping Ellis behind the bench.  Yeah, I'd like to have an experienced bench boss back there too, either an assistant who's been around for a while or a former HC that will be okay working as an assistant.

Or, bring in a wildcard

r673762_1296x729_16-9.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

The prophecy won't be complete until Matt Ellis lifts the cup as the Sabres head coach. 

It would be a fitting culmination of the "Matt Ellis" thread:  Matt Ellis:  The Matt Ellis of Cup Winning Head Coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I say keep one of the two, but the other should move back to the player development side of the organization.  I prefer keeping Ellis behind the bench.  Yeah, I'd like to have an experienced bench boss back there too, either an assistant who's been around for a while or a former HC that will be okay working as an assistant.

Or, bring in a wildcard

r673762_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Funny Dreger mentioned this as a possibility this AM on WGR 

19 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

They won't be back 

6 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

Was mentioned on WGR yesterday that Adams was telling coaches that Matt Ellis would be on their staff

@Buffalonill this is why we can’t make sweeping statements as if they are fact.  A majority of your posts have this sentiment when you are just sharing your opinion.  Ease off the gas.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/30/2021 at 11:33 AM, PASabreFan said:

If we're so low as a franchise that we're doing some basic experiment to see if Granato could be the guy to lift us out of the abyss, then I think the experiment should be constant. Keep all three coaching variables from the spring and see what happens in the fall.

Voted "no" but this is a pretty good argument 

What I want is whoever Granato wants. If it's those 2 fine if not whoever he wants. They've given the team over to Granato for 2-3 years so let him have a staff he works well with and not some guy he might see as a competitor over his shoulder. 

I thought Girardi was making progress with the D. He seems fine. Definitely better than Smith was.   Ellis idk as idk what he actually does. 

ideally, I want several people around.

1. We need to have a good goaltending coach in the system as we will be dealing with 2 young goalies over the next few years, maybe more. 

2. Somebody who can work on specialty teams. A good PP is essential in this league and a good PK isn't far behind. We need focus and development and practice on that as a priority.

3. Somebody to work on creating stability and confidence in a very young D core. 

4. A Roger Nielson type teacher and post game analyst.

That's the minimum. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

What I want is whoever Granato wants. If it's those 2 fine if not whoever he wants. They've given the team over to Granato for 2-3 years so let him have a staff he works well with and not some guy he might see as a competitor over his shoulder. 

I thought Girardi was making progress with the D. He seems fine. Definitely better than Smith was.   Ellis idk as idk what he actually does. 

ideally, I want several people around.

1. We need to have a good goaltending coach in the system as we will be dealing with 2 young goalies over the next few years, maybe more. 

2. Somebody who can work on specialty teams. A good PP is essential in this league and a good PK isn't far behind. We need focus and development and practice on that as a priority.

3. Somebody to work on creating stability and confidence in a very young D core. 

4. A Roger Nielson type teacher and post game analyst.

That's the minimum. 

We already have an excellent goaltending coach. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.