Shopping Jack Eichel: Anaheim

dudacek

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I have serious mixed feelings about Gibson; mostly due to this...

GP GAA     Sv%

3    1.33    0.954

23  2.60   0.914

40  2.06   0.920

52   2.22  0.924

60   2.43  0.926

58   2.84   0.917

51    3.00   0.904

35    2.98  0.903

His stats have been trending down the last 4 years but I'm unsure if that is due to their team or him just being exposed.

Goalies are weird. Everyone thought Fleury was toast before he ripped off 4 straight awesome seasons in his 30s. Anaheim has been a truly dreadful team for a while now

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

GP GAA     Sv%

3    1.33    0.954

23  2.60   0.914

40  2.06   0.920

52   2.22  0.924

60   2.43  0.926

58   2.84   0.917

51    3.00   0.904

35    2.98  0.903

His stats have been trending down the last 4 years but I'm unsure if that is due to their team or him just being exposed.

You said it yourself, but his #s correlate pretty well with the quality of team around him.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I watched some video of Perreault, and he looks like a better hockey player than I was assuming. I'd be incredibly disappointed to not come away with Zegras or Drysdale, but I wouldn't throw a fit with this return. I tend to believe that Gibson has plenty of good years yet, and maybe even a couple great ones

Gibson’s last couple have been lesser, but he’s got great tools. I think a trade resets him.

Perreault (if he’s the sweetener) has some skill. 17 points in 27 AHL games mostly as an 18-year-old is nothing to sneeze at.

Here's Miller's from the final 4 of those years

GP GAA     Sv%

28  2.35    0.928

20  2.76     0.912

23  3.10      0.907

16   3.51     0.882

Ullmark

GP    GAA     Sv%

5      2.00    0.935

37    3.11     0.905

34    2.69    0.915

20    2.63     0.917

• Like (+1) 1

3OA, Gibson, Comtois, Perreault - Hey Eichel has a serious injury.  He is a risk.  This might be the best we see.  

If we do this, the presence of Gibson alone could provide 10 more wins. He pushes Linus to #2.  This also depends on what happens with Sam and Risto.  We need help at center once Jack leaves. 

A guess I prefer Zegras over Gibson (because we can improve G other ways).  

Having 1OA and 3OA will be huge down the line.  

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

3OA, Gibson, Comtois, Perreault - Hey Eichel has a serious injury.  He is a risk.  This might be the best we see.  

If we do this, the presence of Gibson alone could provide 10 more wins. He pushes Linus to #2.  This also depends on what happens with Sam and Risto.  We need help at center once Jack leaves. 

I'd have to see their goals saved above replacement and their sv% side by side but I DO NOT believe Gibson alone gives you 10 wins. He certainly hasn't given Anaheim 10 additional wins. 

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd have to see their goals saved above replacement and their sv% side by side but I DO NOT believe Gibson alone gives you 10 wins. He certainly hasn't given Anaheim 10 additional wins. 

I think if we're saying 10 more wins, it refers to 10 more wins than last year, when Linus got hurt again and Hutton plus a bunch of stiffs played a lot of games -- so maybe it's not the standard wins above replacement, in which I assume the replacement is an average goalie, but rather wins above catastrophically bad goaltending.

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Based on what you’ve heard, how likely is it that they resign Reino?

The Sabres would like to sign Him and despite public appearance, Reinhart hasn’t completely ruled out a return.

I believe He wanted sometime to figure out His Future. 

They are getting a lot calls on him from other teams, so the longer this drags out the more chance him moves 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Absolutely no interest in Gibson in any way shape or form.  If Anaheim is acquiring Eichel, they are NOT trading Gibson.  It makes zero sense.  3OA, Zegras, Comtois, Perreault, LaCombe, Drysdale are all pieces that make sense.  Toss in someone like Steel as a wild card toss in. 

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If the Sabres re-sign Reinhart, Gibson fits the Sabres Timeline. 

If neither Sam or Jack are returning, acquiring Gibson makes little sense unless he is being moved for more assets 

Gibson is only 27, he's prolly got at least 8-9 good years left.  He's a stud.

10 hours ago, Curt said:

You said it yourself, but his #s correlate pretty well with the quality of team around him.

im so very sad wade barrett GIF

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Only elite goalies have a WAR that even comes close to approaching this

10 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

GP GAA     Sv%

3    1.33    0.954

23  2.60   0.914

40  2.06   0.920

52   2.22  0.924

60   2.43  0.926

58   2.84   0.917

51    3.00   0.904

35    2.98  0.903

That 6 years x 6.4 million term is scary. It's not like he'll be moving to a better situation to facilitate a reverse-trend 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

In 2017 there were fans here suggesting we try to acquire Fleury. The backlash was identical in nature to what we see here, and fleury was like 3 years older than Gibson is now. 

If the Sabres had gone against that backlash, they would not be trading eichel right now

MAF has never had back to back seasons below 910sv% going back 14 years. They aren't really comparable considering how Gibson has been bad the last 2 seasons and worse than Ullmark. Gibson being a center piece of the Eichel trade is a joke if that is the route they take. 

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

In 2017 there were fans here suggesting we try to acquire Fleury. The backlash was identical in nature to what we see here, and fleury was like 3 years older than Gibson is now. 

If the Sabres had gone against that backlash, they would not be trading eichel right now

I agree, I'd love to acquire Gibson and keep Eichel. 

Wait, he'll be a key piece in losing our 1C? 

No thanks. Imagine trading your franchise C and replacing 65% of his salary with a slumping goalie about to play on a team inferior to the one he just did

Would be a laughable trade

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I agree, I'd love to acquire Gibson and keep Eichel. 

Wait, he'll be a key piece in losing our 1C? 

No thanks. Imagine trading your franchise C and replacing 65% of his salary with a slumping goalie about to play on a team inferior to the one he just did

Would be a laughable trade

Would be like trading ROR in his prime for 1 3rd line center, a 4th line grinder, a b level prospect and the 32nd overall pick. Same energy. 

Though I do think enough of the "culture" bs has been absorbed, and people have had their trade expectations whittled down over the last few months to the extent that we've gone from "we absolutely need a team's best prospect AND a top 6 C" to "give us your overpaid aging goalie at 6.5 per, a mid 6 winger, and B prospect and we'll call it a day". Considering the value gap between Eichel and ROR, it's that deal all over again with the 3OA added, in a weak draft. It's not enough. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Would be like trading ROR in his prime for 1 3rd line center, a 4th line grinder, a b level prospect and the 32nd overall pick. Same energy. 

On the same wavelength clearly 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.