Shopping Jack Eichel: Anaheim

dudacek

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think from previous conversations you tend to draw sharper lines between prospects than I do.

To answer your question, if I had Beniers, I would not trade him for Cozens. If I had Cozens, I would not trade him for Beniers. I consider them roughly on par in terms of ability, very much the type of player I would want on my team, and project each developing into a Ryan-O'Reilly level NHL player.

Zegras I see as more of a Willie Nylander/Mitch Marner type, with a higher offensive ceiling than Beniers/Cozens, a lower floor, and less all-round utility.

Actually, ROR is a pretty darn high bar for those two. Arguably a top 10 league centre, now playing at a point a game pace - pretty lofty. It could happen, but wouldn't be my base projection for either 

If that was Beniers projection I don't think he's sitting at consensus 3-5

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Actually, ROR is a pretty darn high bar for those two. Arguably a top 10 league centre, now playing at a point a game pace - pretty lofty. It could happen, but wouldn't be my base projection for either 

If that was Beniers projection I don't think he's sitting at consensus 3-5

We need to talk about that word consensus again...

But yes Beniers is not Eichel level

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He was saying ROR level but I don't see that as a solid projection. Ceiling, yes

ROR was 15th in NHL.com's centre rank last offseason, for example - between Tavares and Point and also above Pettersson, Couturier, and Barzal. He's a top tier guy

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sorry, but:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consensus

"the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned"

Isn't Power ranked first by about 6/10? Last I checked that's "most", and, therefore, fairly termed a consensus 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Sorry, but:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consensus

"the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned"

Isn't Power ranked first by about 6/10? Last I checked that's "most", and, therefore, fairly termed a consensus 

Most of those concerned to me means above 60% more like 90% but I'm splitting hairs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Most of those concerned to me means above 60% more like 90% but I'm splitting hairs. 

What are your thoughts on Beniers and Cozens re: ROR as a projection? A fair one? Better as a ceiling? Floor?

On 6/16/2021 at 2:12 PM, LGR4GM said:

Comtois and Perrault are musts in any Eichel deal if Zegras is off the table. 

If Anaheim refuses to move Zegras or Drysdale and no other team is offering up a prospect of that level, could Buffalo get a package of Comtois, Perrault, #3 overall in 2021, and another piece (2022 or 2023 1st, Lukas Dostal, Benoit-Olivier Groulx)?

That would probably be seen as a disappointing return by most Sabres fans, but KA would be able to say that he got his 4 1st round pick (value wise) type pieces that he was reportedly asking for.

Edited by Curt

21 hours ago, Curt said:

If Anaheim refuses to move Zegras or Drysdale and no other team is offering up a prospect of that level, could Buffalo get a package of Comtois, Perrault, #3 overall in 2021, and another piece (2022 or 2023 1st, Lukas Dostal, Benoit-Olivier Groulx)?

That would probably be seen as a disappointing return by most Sabres fans, but KA would be able to say that he got his 4 1st round pick (value wise) type pieces that he was reportedly asking for.

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If the Sabres re-sign Reinhart, Gibson fits the Sabres Timeline. 

If neither Sam or Jack are returning, acquiring Gibson makes little sense unless he is being moved for more assets 

Based on what you’ve heard, how likely is it that they resign Reino?

If the Sabres had to choose between an Anaheim offer of Zegras, Comtois and their 3OA or a Chicago deal for Kirby Dach, their first round pick and a couple of previously mentioned players from their roster which one would be the better offer? 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If the Sabres had to choose between an Anaheim offer of Zegras, Comtois and their 3OA or a Chicago deal for Kirby Dach, their first round pick and a couple of previously mentioned players from their roster which one would be the better offer? 

Who are the previously mentioned Chicago guys?

I’d say Anaheim unless those Chicago guys are better than Comtois.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Not sure if Chad has heard something, or if he’s spitballing, but I can live with this return.

I’m sick of living in goalie purgatory. Gibson is a top-10 starter, not some washed-up cap dump. He will steady a young team and help shield its growth.

I’m not worried about his age in the slightest. Good goalies play well into their 30s. 
Carey Price is 33, Fleury is 36. Gibson is 27.

Ryan Miller was 26 when he broke out and played at a high level in 2005/06 and he sustained that high level us for 8 years, plus a couple more in Vancouver.

3rd could give us Eklund, Comtois is exactly what we need stylistically and it sounds like one more lottery ticket will be part of the package.

If we have to trade Jack, this is something that makes sense to me.

Edited by dudacek

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Not sure if Chad has heard something, or if he’s spitballing, but I can live with this return.

I’m sick of living in goalie purgatory. Gibson is a top-10 starter, not some washed-up cap dump. He will steady a young team and help shield its growth.

I’m not worried about his age in the slightest. Good goalies play well into their 30s. 

Ryan Miller was 26 when he broke out and played at a high level in 2005/06 and he sustained that high level us for 8 years, plus a couple more in Vancouver.

3rd could give us Eklund, Comtois is exactly what we need stylistically and it sounds like one more lottery ticket will be part of the package.

I watched some video of Perreault, and he looks like a better hockey player than I was assuming. I'd be incredibly disappointed to not come away with Zegras or Drysdale, but I wouldn't throw a fit with this return. I tend to believe that Gibson has plenty of good years yet, and maybe even a couple great ones

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I have serious mixed feelings about Gibson; mostly due to this...

GP GAA     Sv%

3    1.33    0.954

23  2.60   0.914

40  2.06   0.920

52   2.22  0.924

60   2.43  0.926

58   2.84   0.917

51    3.00   0.904

35    2.98  0.903

His stats have been trending down the last 4 years but I'm unsure if that is due to their team or him just being exposed.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.