Shopping Jack Eichel: Anaheim

dudacek

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I think that's the plan because if Comtois and 3oa were enough (for the center of the deal) the trade would be either done or there would be all the rumors about it being close that we see for stuff like this. 

The good news is Adams can help Karmanos and Ventura, like by getting their coffee and stuff and making sure the ink in the printer is refilled, and I bet he is. 

FTFY

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

FTFY

Adams to his credit has clearly added very experienced ppl up top to cover up his known deficiencies. Karmanos is basically the gm with Ventura as assistant and Adams is POHO keeping the Pegulas informed but at arms length. That's my theory at least. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Adams to his credit has clearly added very experienced ppl up top to cover up his known deficiencies. Karmanos is basically the gm with Ventura as assistant and Adams is POHO keeping the Pegulas informed but at arms length. That's my theory at least. 

Pretty much. Karmanos and the other guy are sort of Sabres-unknowns at this point but at this stage my confidence in the outfit seems to decrease the further up the chain it goes, and strengthens at the bottom.

Granato - Ventura - Karmanos - Adams - Pegulas 

And the experience leans to the left, as well

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think that's the plan because if Comtois and 3oa were enough (for the center of the deal) the trade would be either done or there would be all the rumors about it being close that we see for stuff like this. 

The good news is Karmanos and Ventura can help Adams and I bet they are. 

A guy on another board who says he has some connections (Giant grain of salt) said there are two deals: Zegras with some other pieces or 3 OA/Comtois and a couple pieces. Obviously Adams is holding out for Zegras and 3 OA.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

A guy on another board who says he has some connections (Giant grain of salt) said there are two deals: Zegras with some other pieces or 3 OA/Comtois and a couple pieces. Obviously Adams is holding out for Zegras and 3 OA.

Adams should hold out for Zegras and 3oa. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Some Sabres fans may not want to hear this, but if Zegras and 3OV is the offer and the best offer for Eichel, I take it.

If I am not retaining any salary and the offer is Eichel for Zegras and 3oa... I seriously consider it. I know the pushback that will receive but Zegras is probably at a level just below Eichel and 3oa being 1 of Beniers, Eklund, or Power means you are getting another big piece for your team and all of them are cost controlled. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Some Sabres fans may not want to hear this, but if Zegras and 3OV is the offer and the best offer for Eichel, I take it.

I would take it and run. It is the quality you want not the quantity.  Those two pieces could be 2/3rds of your top line for a decade. 

Eklund Zegras Cozens/Quinn depending on what the plan for Cozens is.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Flashsabre said:

I would take it and run. It is the quality you want not the quantity.  Those two pieces could be 2/3rds of your top line for a decade. 

Eklund Zegras Cozens/Quinn depending on what the plan for Cozens is.

Actually if it all worked out I would probably do... 

Eklund - Cozens - ?

? - Zegras - Quinn

What do you think the upside is for Zegras?  I really like him and he really catches your attention when he's on the ice.  Is he a 30 goal 80 point player when he becomes established in the NHL?

How do you think he compares to Cozens for upside (different players I know)?

4 minutes ago, Digger said:

What do you think the upside is for Zegras?  I really like him and he really catches your attention when he's on the ice.  Is he a 30 goal 80 point player when he becomes established in the NHL?

I think he is more of a playmaker so my ceiling for him is 25 G 50A.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Digger said:

Zegras has the upside to be the best offensive player on a good team.  Top line C and guy who drives your PP.  I don’t know if he will consistently hit 30 goals, but he could pile up the assists.

I think Cozens could end up as a better goal scorer  and probably a little better defensive player, and he has some interesting leadership qualities, but he isn’t the passer/playmaker/stickhandler that Zegras is.

Different players.  Who is better will depend on their development.  I’d say Zegras might have a little higher upside though because if he really hits his upside he could put up 90 point seasons and I don’t think Cozens has that in him.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Digger said:

I think Zegras is better than Cozens. Zegras being an 80point NHL player is probably what you're hoping for and in the realm of possibility. 

• Like (+1) 2

For the record that doesn't mean Zegras will be better than Cozens. They are very different but at this point I think Zegras is showing more upside. It is hard though because Cozens played last year on a terrible team and a level above where he should (he should have been in the AHL). 

48 minutes ago, Digger said:

Zegras reminds me a lot of prime Connolly. Vision and skill to make sexy highlight reel plays.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If I am not retaining any salary and the offer is Eichel for Zegras and 3oa... I seriously consider it. I know the pushback that will receive but Zegras is probably at a level just below Eichel and 3oa being 1 of Beniers, Eklund, or Power means you are getting another big piece for your team and all of them are cost controlled. 

100 percent agree....and two pieces that will very likely be Top 6 forwards for years to come...AND the Sabres take Beniers #1OV...now THAT is a roster I can get behind. Get er done Adams!

1 hour ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Thinking about more I think its more and more unlikely Anaheim gives up Zegras and probably stands pat, and takes  Dylan Guenther 3OU and has their next Getzlaf/Perry pairing for the next decade plus.

Yes I was thinking about this too.  I love the idea of this trade but I'm wondering what Anaheim thinks.  I assume they want Jack without giving up Zegras.  No thanks.

Eichel is a proven number 1 center and star with the ability to become a superstar if he can stay healthy and have productive players to play with.  Signed for another 5 years. 

But if you look at that roster minus Zegras and perhaps Comtois in a trade they are pretty thin on talent.  Getzlaf, Henrique, Fowler, and Rakell.  I'm not sure they have enough to build now with Eichel in their lineup.

What are the other reasons that Anaheim makes this trade?

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes, I was thinking the same.  Adams is the communication focal to The Pegula’s and to the media.  He is a bright guy and he clearly knows he needs help.  This is a great sign and speaks volumes og his character.  Karmanos is the traditional GM.  Adding Ace Ventura can only help strengthen how they evaluate hockey players - a critical position.  

33 minutes ago, Digger said:

Yes I was thinking about this too.  I love the idea of this trade but I'm wondering what Anaheim thinks.  I assume they want Jack without giving up Zegras.  No thanks.

Eichel is a proven number 1 center and star with the ability to become a superstar if he can stay healthy and have productive players to play with.  Signed for another 5 years. 

But if you look at that roster minus Zegras and perhaps Comtois in a trade they are pretty thin on talent.  Getzlaf, Henrique, Fowler, and Rakell.  I'm not sure they have enough to build now with Eichel in their lineup.

What are the other reasons that Anaheim makes this trade?

The are a bad team in a weak hockey market and need a franchise face and star to get bums in the seats and sponsorship attention.

5 hours ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I’ll go a step further down the gutter. I’d take Zegras straight up for Jack. Plus, maybe even a conditional 2022 first based on performance or games played. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.