Sabres Head Coaching Search

Brawndo

33 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That’s the advantage Quinn has over Byfield and Drysdale, none of them are really ready for the NHL, but Quinn is the only one who can go to the AHL.

True. Tangentially related but meanwhile Zegras had 21pts in 17gp last year, his first in the AHL.

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I have zero issue with Granato's back ground other then he worked for Rasputin.

I think Granato was a part of the solution, not the problem.  I suspect part of the reason KA was able to convince the Pegulas to let Krueger go is that KA was able to explain the dressing room dynamic to them due to intel he got from Granato.  I have no evidence other than Granato being named interim HC, but it just seems to follow naturally.

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Agreed

One note, Jack Quinn shouldn't set foot in the NHL this year. AHL for him. 

Quinn, 1 0A, any other high picks this draft, JJ, UPL. They should all develop in lower leagues.  

The key though is what the Sabres have failed miserably at: signing one year deals with NHL players that can come in and actually positively contribute as short term solutions.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Quinn, 1 0A, any other high picks this draft, JJ, UPL. They should all develop in lower leagues.  

The key though is what the Sabres have failed miserably at: signing one year deals with NHL players that can come in and actually positively contribute as short term solutions.

This is where analytics really would help: who is unheralded but does a lot of good stuff on the ice.  Not Frolik.  Not Eakin.  Other teams manage to not be embarrassingly bad at the bottom of the roster.  Why can't we?

57 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

This is where analytics really would help: who is unheralded but does a lot of good stuff on the ice.  Not Frolik.  Not Eakin.  Other teams manage to not be embarrassingly bad at the bottom of the roster.  Why can't we?

Yeah, Frolik and Eakin were Krueger specials, no analytics were involved in those choices.  Hopefully they find a couple guys who are hard to play against and can impact the game positively for the bottom 6.

8 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

He signed a two year deal. He should be back and ready to go and he does play a style Adams wants.

So.... the next captain, eh?

Actually, it would be kind of ironic if the one player that doomed the Sabres season last year was Girgs, and with his return the Sabres are a solid playoff team even without Eich  😛

On 6/16/2021 at 6:41 PM, LGR4GM said:

I wonder if they wait until the Eichel situation resolves. 

On 6/16/2021 at 6:47 PM, Thorny said:

I think this makes sense. They won't want the negative PR being one of the first things in the new coach's tenure. It'll also give them an opportunity to create a new headline. 

Coaching hire coming tomorrow? Eichel trade today?

😎

31 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I would expect coach today or tomorrow, especially if they want to throw it into a dead news cycle. 

14 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

So they are not waiting to talk to Lambert or Halpern?

Guess not, which would suck.

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.