NY Rangers announce Chris Drury as President and GM

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Yeah, sure.  Ownership always cans failing management 1 week BEFORE the season ends.

Not buying that malarkey.  

But, as mentioned in the other thread, how ironic would it be if this bumps Chris Drury up the food chain to his dream job considering he was Buffalo's Panarin to the Otters' Tom Wilson.

• Brawndo changed the title to NY Rangers announce Chris Drury as President and GM
19 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo should be the first trade partner with the rangers 

So like adams ? 

The Rangers have been denying requests from other teams to interview Drury as a GM for the past few seasons, the Sabres included. He's been on track for this for some time now.

I haven't heard of the Pegulas denying requests from any team who said, "That Kevyn Adams guy you got there who has zero GM experience, mind if we slide into his DMs?"

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo should be the first trade partner with the rangers 

So like adams ? 

Adams has no pedigree and no experience in a front office role, unless you want to be run by someone who ran the Junior Sabres.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

The Drury hate is sad to see. 

I wonder how this might affect any potential Eichel to the Rangers trade scenario? Other than that, not concerned in the least about the Rangers. Good for Drury. I'm sure he gets a solid pay cheque now. 

I hate everyone that ever negatively impacted the Sabres or was part of hurting us. That include Connor McDavid and Auston Matthews. It's sports, pettiness and jealously reign supreme.

That being said, I hope Drury fails miserably ***** that guy

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

The Drury hate is sad to see. 

I wonder how this might affect any potential Eichel to the Rangers trade scenario? Other than that, not concerned in the least about the Rangers. Good for Drury. I'm sure he gets a solid pay cheque now. 

Drury hate is keeping with a Buffalo tradition. Buffalonil has come out of nowhere to lead the sour grapes campaign against Drury. Who was not only a great player but seems very well respected for front office material. Drury leaving Buffalo was a Buffalo front office screw up.

7 minutes ago, Radar said:

Drury hate is keeping with a Buffalo tradition. Buffalonil has come out of nowhere to lead the sour grapes campaign against Drury. Who was not only a great player but seems very well respected for front office material. Drury leaving Buffalo was a Buffalo front office screw up.

If the story about Golisano leaving the contract on his desk is true, why didn't Drury or his agent do what a normal human being would have done and called and asked him to send it over? Straight prima donna move.

This place would crucify Jack Eichel under the exact same circumstances.

The deification of Drury around here doesn't pass close inspection.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Hating Drury is a thing among Sabres fans?

Seriously?

How.

The guy who skipped town for his beloved Rangers, cost the Sabres Briere in the process, and has treated the city and the franchise with nothing but disdain since Black Sunday?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.