NY Rangers announce Chris Drury as President and GM

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I just can’t hate on Capt Clutch. That guy gave his all while he was here. 

But he left. Let's have a pity party and hate him forever. Seems there are differing opinions on who was to blame on his leaving. But great player for us I agree.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I like Chris Drury.  Good for him that he got this job.

I hope Chris Drury fails miserably at his new job.

Yeah, I grew to hate the Rangers this year. It's probably 95% Eichel-trade-entitlement-NY-*****, but still, their team is pretty unlikeable.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If the story about Golisano leaving the contract on his desk is true, why didn't Drury or his agent do what a normal human being would have done and called and asked him to send it over? Straight prima donna move.

This place would crucify Jack Eichel under the exact same circumstances.

The deification of Drury around here doesn't pass close inspection.

The guy who skipped town for his beloved Rangers, cost the Sabres Briere in the process, and has treated the city and the franchise with nothing but disdain since Black Sunday?

^^

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gabrielor said:

Yeah, I grew to hate the Rangers this year. It's probably 95% Eichel-trade-entitlement-NY-*****, but still, their team is pretty unlikeable.

NY media can be pretty annoying, but I don’t feel any particular way about the Rangers.  I would hope that any other team’s GM fails.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I hate everyone that ever negatively impacted the Sabres or was part of hurting us. That include Connor McDavid and Auston Matthews. It's sports, pettiness and jealously reign supreme.

That being said, I hope Drury fails miserably ***** that guy

That's way too much hate. 

Maybe that's the core of the Buffalo culture problem. Hating others instead of making yourself enviable (and thus the subject of their hate). 

Drury was a great Sabre. We could use several of him now. They didn't value him enough to retain him, that's on them not him. 

Now Taylor Hall, you can go on hating him all you want 😉

24 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If the story about Golisano leaving the contract on his desk is true, why didn't Drury or his agent do what a normal human being would have done and called and asked him to send it over? Straight prima donna move.

I thought the story was that Drury and the FO had a deal agreed to in principle but Golisano wouldn’t give it his stamp of approval, and that’s why it died on his desk.  You are under the impression that he just forgot to fax it or something?  That doesn’t seem to make sense.

I also recall hearing that Drury told the Sabres that he would come back to them if he was offered a better contract in FA, to give the Sabres a chance to match, but then didn’t do that.

11 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

That's way too much hate. 

Maybe that's the core of the Buffalo culture problem. Hating others instead of making yourself enviable (and thus the subject of their hate). 

Drury was a great Sabre. We could use several of him now. They didn't value him enough to retain him, that's on them not him. 

Now Taylor Hall, you can go on hating him all you want 😉

That's why they picked him over danny ? 

I was happy when drury had a  Terrible career with the Rangers  Karma

Drury was a very good hockey player whose on-ice accomplishments were inflated a tad by the circumstance of wearing the C at the right time on such a deep team, and some myth-making story-telling (Little league, Stanley Cup photo, cheap Golisano).

He is nowhere near an all-time Sabre in terms of on-ice career or single season achievements, or off-ice service to the community. He didn’t want to be here and he left as soon as he could. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Drury was a very good hockey player whose on-ice accomplishments were inflated a tad by the circumstance of wearing the C at the right time on such a deep team, and some myth-making story-telling (Little league, Stanley Cup photo, cheap Golisano).

He is nowhere near an all-time Sabre in terms of on-ice career or single season achievements, or off-ice service to the community. He didn’t want to be here and he left as soon as he could. 

If you say so. Who said all time Sabre. By the way he was a good captain and I wish we had more players like Chris Drury. Go back and watch the films.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He could've just been straight up guys  I've decided to go in a different direction thats it .

Instead  He honeyd$cked us like we had a chance with kate upton

Edited by Buffalonill

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

I thought the story was that Drury and the FO had a deal agreed to in principle but Golisano wouldn’t give it his stamp of approval, and that’s why it died on his desk.  You are under the impression that he just forgot to fax it or something?  That doesn’t seem to make sense.

I also recall hearing that Drury told the Sabres that he would come back to them if he was offered a better contract in FA, to give the Sabres a chance to match, but then didn’t do that.

My understanding was that Golisano didn’t sign it immediately for whatever reason and Drury got offended and withdrew his agreement. 

I heard the second part as well, which is not an act of good faith, IMO.

Don’t get me wrong, the Sabres certainly weren’t blameless, but the majority of people behave as if Drury was blameless.

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

If you say so. Who said all time Sabre. By the way he was a good captain and I wish we had more players like Chris Drury. Go back and watch the films.

He gave everything he had.

I have no quarrel with how he performed on the ice, just how he treated the city and the franchise.

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

The Drury hate is sad to see. 

I wonder how this might affect any potential Eichel to the Rangers trade scenario? Other than that, not concerned in the least about the Rangers. Good for Drury. I'm sure he gets a solid pay cheque now. 

Nope. ***** that guy.  

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The guy who skipped town for his beloved Rangers, cost the Sabres Briere in the process, and has treated the city and the franchise with nothing but disdain since Black Sunday?

This times 1000.  

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

My understanding was that Golisano didn’t sign it immediately for whatever reason and Drury got offended and withdrew his agreement. 

I heard the second part as well, which is not an act of good faith, IMO.

Don’t get me wrong, the Sabres certainly weren’t blameless, but the majority of people behave as if Drury was blameless.

I’m sure if Drury just burned to be a Buffalo Sabre, they would have worked it out somehow.  Likewise, I think if the Sabres had valued him as a truly vital part of the organization, they would have worked something out.  I also can’t blame a guy for taking his dream job.  To me, it looks like neither side wanted it enough.

As to the intricate details/timeline of private contract negotiations from 14 years ago, I’m not sure we can know exactly what happened.

Personally, at this point, I don’t really care.  I liked Drury as a player, as a Sabre.  He was one of the 3-4 central figures on the best Sabres team I’ve ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

I’m sure if Drury just burned to be a Buffalo Sabre, they would have worked it out somehow.  Likewise, I think if the Sabres had valued him as a truly vital part of the organization, they would have worked something out.  I also can’t blame a guy for taking his dream job.  To me, it looks like neither side wanted it enough.

As to the intricate details/timeline of private contract negotiations from 14 years ago, I’m not sure we can know exactly what happened.

Personally, at this point, I don’t really care.  I liked Drury as a player, as a Sabre.  He was one of the 3-4 central figures on the best Sabres team I’ve ever seen.

So your very young i take it ? For me he doesn't make the top 15 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.