Former sabre Patrik Berglund charged with rape and assault

MODO Hockey

Dont believe there is a thread about this and maybe there should't be but..

https://hockeysverige.se/2021/05/04/patrik-berglund-begars-haktad-misstanks-for-misshandel-och-valdtakt

Translate to english

Also,

Apparently when he was with St.Louis there were alot of roumers that he was sending d-ckpicks to fans, this is not confirmed though

https://twitter.com/kfox9611/status/944626328392826882?s=21

https://twitter.com/kfox9611/status/936008521803591691?s=20

What a turd if this is true.

That is just awful.....then one starts to think 

1) Sabres/Botterill got screwed even more on that trade. 

2) Did Sabres find out he was sending naughty pics after the fact and give him an out  by making him leave in the way he did (i.e. Sabres and Berglund escape the publicity)

34 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You guys understood it? Or trust the translation?

I harken back to people thinking Rich Gaenzler was talking about toast when he wasn't — because a link was misleading.

I am relying on Google translation, and @MODO Hockey's report, to the effect that Berglund is being charged with some sort of sexual assault against a former girlfriend.

No idea what you're talking about with the 97 Rock stuff.

Vancouver police are confirming their officers have been in contact with the woman at the centre of sexual misconduct allegations against Vancouver Canucks winger Jake Virtanen. On Saturday, the Canucks placed the 24-year-old winger, former first-round draft pick on leave.

2 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

That is just awful.....then one starts to think 

1) Sabres/Botterill got screwed even more on that trade. 

2) Did Sabres find out he was sending naughty pics after the fact and give him an out  by making him leave in the way he did (i.e. Sabres and Berglund escape the publicity)

With the way NHL teams keep secrets, they probably didn’t know. 

Sending dick pics to fans, lol 😂 

Edited by bob_sauve28

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I am relying on Google translation, and @MODO Hockey's report, to the effect that Berglund is being charged with some sort of sexual assault against a former girlfriend.

No idea what you're talking about with the 97 Rock stuff.

People were all "good!" when the story of Rich's firing came out. Reading just the link (and not clicking on it to read the story) gave the impression Rich was the one who was talking about shades of toast and women of color. All Rich said was, "OK." I'm just hoping people don't jump to conclusions. Already, rape has turned into some sort of sexual assault, by your account.

Also, it seems one would need an understanding of Swedish law. Of course, it's SabreSpace. We're all Swedish lawyers.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

People were all "good!" when the story of Rich's firing came out. Reading just the link (and not clicking on it to read the story) gave the impression Rich was the one who was talking about shades of toast and women of color. All Rich said was, "OK." I'm just hoping people don't jump to conclusions. Already, rape has turned into some sort of sexual assault, by your account.

Also, it seems one would need an understanding of Swedish law. Of course, it's SabreSpace. We're all Swedish lawyers.

Oh, right. It was a co-host who riffed on shades of toast when it comes to finding women attractive. Anyway, I definitely wasn't part of a torches and pitch forks crowd with all of those people being fired. I think some form of discipline was warranted, but this moment in time where we're living, where heads just roll and that's it, is a precipitous one.

As for Berglund, I dunno. It certainly sounds like he's being accused of some serious crime(s) that are sexual in nature. So, yet another reason (if one was needed) to say "eff that guy."

via Google Translate:

Patrik Berglund is wanted in custody on suspicion of assault and rape against an ex-girlfriend. It writes reports Arbetarbladet. - He denies all accusations, says Berglund's lawyer Gustaf Andersson.

It was on April 9 that Gefle Dagblad revealed that a preliminary investigation had been initiated against Brynäs player Patrik Berglund when he was investigated for crimes against a former girlfriend. Arbetarbladet now reports that Berglund has been requested to be detained, suspected of assault and rape. - He is under arrest and I have sent in an arrest petition. The preliminary investigation is ongoing. I can not comment on the case in general, says prosecutor Katinka Enström to the newspaper.

"HE DENIES CRIME" According to the arrest petition, he is suspected for probable cause. According to his lawyer, Patrik Berglund denies the accusations. - He denies crime. We demand that the arrest petition be rejected. Our attitude is that there are not even probable reasons for suspicion of crime, says Patrik Berglund's lawyer Gustaf Andersson to Arbetarbladet. On Wednesday, an arrest hearing will be held in Gävle District Court.

Patrik Berglund won Brynäs' internal shooting with 13 goals in 45 matches during the regular season. He played a match in the qualifiers against HV71 and then accounted for two assists, among other things, he passed until Oula Palve's goal that ensured that Brynäs plays in the SHL this season.

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Mad Max Reaction GIF

Not a big believer in it?

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Oh, right. It was a co-host who riffed on shades of toast when it comes to finding women attractive. Anyway, I definitely wasn't part of a torches and pitch forks crowd with all of those people being fired. I think some form of discipline was warranted, but this moment in time where we're living, where heads just roll and that's it, is a precipitous one.

As for Berglund, I dunno. It certainly sounds like he's being accused of some serious crime(s) that are sexual in nature. So, yet another reason (if one was needed) to say "eff that guy."

Assuming guilt is precipitous.

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Not a big believer in it?

Assuming guilt is precipitous.

No one needs to be told how the legal process works. The only people who jump in with these "innocent until proven guilty" comments are people with an axe to grind about things like "cancel culture" or think "rape victims should speak up sooner" or whatever else is rotting their brains on Facebook.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

No one needs to be told how the legal process works. The only people who jump in with these "innocent until proven guilty" comments are people with an axe to grind about things like "cancel culture" or think "rape victims should speak up sooner" or whatever else is rotting their brains on Facebook.

"All generalizations are false, including this one."

Mark Twain

I think at this point the only thing we need to say is there is clearly a situation here that we all wish would stop coming up in the world.

Take your choice:

• Athlete engages in sexual misconduct (or worse)
  • False accusation of sexual misconduct (or worse)
  • The Internet jumps to conclusions
  • Internet attacks each other over any comment made regarding the subject

Fully expecting to be the victim of the last choice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LTS said:

I think at this point the only thing we need to say is there is clearly a situation here that we all wish would stop coming up in the world.

Take your choice:

• Athlete engages in sexual misconduct (or worse)
  • False accusation of sexual misconduct (or worse)
  • The Internet jumps to conclusions
  • Internet attacks each other over any comment made regarding the subject

Fully expecting to be the victim of the last choice.

Quit your virtue-signaling... 😜

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.