Bring Back the Goathead Blacks

Kristian

Yeah, that’s right - I am *that* desperate.

I’m gonna come right out and say it - We insulted the powers that be, by returning to the original colors and logo.

Time to bring back the Demonic Goathead, and forever walk away from the blue & gold, making amends to the hockey gods.

Yeah, like I said : I’m that desperate...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kristian said:

I’m gonna come right out and say it - We insulted the powers that be, by returning to the original colors and logo.

Time to bring back the Demonic Goathead, and forever walk away from the blue & gold, making amends to the hockey gods.

Don't worry. They will. In 3 more years. Gotta get that money from the rubes.

Just now, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Adelphia colours!  Bankruptcy!  Team might leave the city!

The shoulder patches should be a New York State tax form.

Ah yes, the good old days

Those days would still be better then whats going on now.......

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Bring back Tobey McGuire as Spider-Man, while we’re at it!

He is, They are all coming back in the next Spiderman movie

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Ah yes, the good old days

Those days would still be better then whats going on now.......

He is, They are all coming back in the next Spiderman movie

I want the Raimi universe back not this endless multiverse 

I seem to recall some talk about a white buffalo and the spiritual significance to indigenous peoples. Spurning the goathead seems to be turning point in franchise history. It was all downhill after the return to blue and gold. Presidents Trophy? Sure. It was fools gold.

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I want the Raimi universe back not this endless multiverse 

I think there was some talk about a potential Spiderman 4 with Tobey now that they are bringing that series into the Marvel Universe.

I guess there was a 4th that was supposed to go ahead but got scrapped at the last minute

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think there was some talk about a potential Spiderman 4 with Tobey now that they are bringing that series into the Marvel Universe.

I guess there was a 4th that was supposed to go ahead but got scrapped at the last minute

The studio screwed him over with SM3 making him shoehorn in Venom 

(Digging out Bertie Wooster books for the proper vocabulary.)

For me, the Royal Blue & Gold symbolises the best years the franchise has ever had.  By cracky, you young whipper snappers think the demonic goats were a sockdolager, but that was largely Hasek and not much else.

I associate the demonic goat with a growleric arena, where malagrugrous parents twattled with their children about the player's elflocks gorgonised them at their age while their kids ululated that the team would leave.

Translation: As an old fart who had season tickets from 1998-2004, the bankruptcy makes me recoil from the Adelphia corporate uniforms.  The bankruptcy and criminal owners matter more to me.  I hated watching parents verging on tears that they deliberately did not take kids to the games because the kids cried that they might never go to a game like that again.  The parents stopped telling the kids about "Robots go Haywire", The Fog Game, Batman, etc.

Adelphia uniforms?  No way, no how, nuh uh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

I can not say it enough.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kristian said:

I don't consider that a desperate move!  I love the red/white/black uniforms.

I always loved them the day we switched to them and there is a reason why we abandoned what we are currently wearing now back when we did!  It was to get away from decades of being a loser organization.  

Remember what a big deal "May Day" was?  You know why?  Because that goal signaled the actual winning of a playoff series for this organization, which was a crazy and rare event.  The new uniforms were going to signal in a new era of "winning" at least in theory.  

I greatly dislike the goathead design, but guess what?  That can be replaced with something much better.

Our all black uniforms, combined with the best Sabres teams I have seen iced in my lifetime, still brings chills down my spine.  Let's not forget that's what Soupy Campbell was wearing when he delivered the greatest hit I have ever seen thrown by a Buffalo Sabre on RJ Umberger.

The funny thing is that now, our uniforms remind me of like the early to mid '80s era, when we were f-ing terrible.

Lots of very good memories from the black/red/white era, all delivered in a relatively short period of time.

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Those jerseys sucked donkey balls all around.

Yes, tacky royal blue, a fake "gold" orangey-yellow, and white is so much more attractive! 

Combined with an association of decades of mediocrity.

It's a classic Buffalo look.

3 hours ago, Kristian said:

After years of moaning about royal blue?? How are they playing now? They won't be better in black & red.  (FYI: I'm also in favor of at least having the red/black goatheads as a third.)

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

After years of moaning about royal blue?? How are they playing now? They won't be better in black & red.  (FYI: I'm also in favor of at least having the red/black goatheads as a third.)

It really wasn’t meant to be taken all seriously, I just miss the hardest working team in hockey 😎

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.