Bring Back the Goathead Blacks

Kristian

I know these unis are nostalgic for a certain age poster but I loathe their very existence. Aesthetically, they look dated and designed by Fred Durst.  And I like Limp Bizkit.  They are called Goatheads because a large portion of the fanbase couldn’t see the Buffalo head, only the screaming goat.  Why is that something you cling to?  Do you like tuna fish casserole too? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

I know these unis are nostalgic for a certain age poster but I loathe their very existence. Aesthetically, they look dated and designed by Fred Durst.  And I like Limp Bizkit.  They are called Goatheads because a large portion of the fanbase couldn’t see the Buffalo head, only the screaming goat.  Why is that something you cling to?  Do you like tuna fish casserole too? 

Think I might break out the red yankees fitted.

Changing logos and colors could be debated as smart, but it's a non-starter.

If I were Rutherford arriving on the job, I'd think about changing so much of what the players have been seeing and hearing every time they've taken the ice. It's almost Pavlovian at this point. They keep hearing and seeing the same things, they lose, they cry. At what point do you hear and see the same things and cry automatically?

Y'all know my litany. The anthem, the P.A. guy, the horn, the goal song, the organist, the people who coordinate the atmosphere in the arena, even the crummy banners that players like to look at after missing empty nets. I'd throw Sabre Dance in there. Put it on hiatus. And the bench. Break it up and have a bonfire after the release of a bat over at Canalside. Change the style of the red line. Cancel culture took care of the intermission announcer, so there's your start.

Desperate times...

(One more if you'll indulge me. Buffalo has to have the worst rink in the league for delayed announcements of goals and penalties. For the love of God, stop announcing opponents' goals four minutes in real time later while the Sabres are hemmed in their own zone. And stop saying, "Pittsburgh's first goal scored by...")

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.