GDT: Flyers at Sabres 3-29-21. 7PM start

spndnchz

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I don’t fume over losses

I don’t get pissed over losses

I have more important things in my life to worry about, and get mad about or upset about or be overly passionate about. The Sabres in 2021 is not one of them. 
I was slightly aggravated, or frustrated for about five minutes after the game. then I just let it roll off my back like all the other losses this season. I find the emotion of pure anger over the Sabres this season is a waste of my energy. The most I can muster up is aggravated or frustrated ... briefly 😂 

A new LTS is born!

14 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It boggles my mind that the combination of Tage and Taylor Hall cannot get an ENG from where they started in the NZ.

I'm not going to subject myself to rewatching, but at the time that happened I am fairly certain that 3 of the Sabres were in Philly's zone when Philly cycled it back up the ice leading to the easy zone entry and game tying goal.

It's an empty net, that means there are 6 opponents on the ice and the Sabres had 3 in the zone that were not near anyone.  Complete mental breakdown.  Even with the miss, no way the Sabres should have had 3 players in the offensive zone at that point in the game.

14 hours ago, JKB1646 said:

He was at fault! On the game tying goal he was stationary in front of Ulmark . When the pass came over to the flyer player four feet in front of Dahlin, a bantam AAA dman would know to jump out and put pressure.  He doubts himself at every phase of the game

The kid was hugging the back post like he's covering an EA Sports NHL cross-crease pass.  The only problem is, no forward was there.  He was out of position, again.  You have him in front of Ullmark, I don't even give him that.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

A new LTS is born!

I'm surprised you'd want more of me around.

--------------

I had hope and that hope was smashed.  You could see it coming.  They froze up and choked it away. Losing 19 isn't going to change anyone's opinion of this team. Winning the next game won't either.  This team is bad, scary bad, and it's not going to get better with more players being shipped out or tuning out further than they already have.

This team need to get a bit bigger, and break away from the stupid European model that they tried to build. We need an actual power forward and defenseman that will not be pushed off the puck. Another forward that teams will have to keep an eye on or get smashed would help too that is not afraid of the front of the net. We are built the wrong way with some skilled players. We will see better now that we are opening up our game but will still suffer for being smaller and non physical and easily pushed around. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

This team need to get a bit bigger, and break away from the stupid European model that they tried to build. We need an actual power forward and defenseman that will not be pushed off the puck. Another forward that teams will have to keep an eye on or get smashed would help too that is not afraid of the front of the net. We are built the wrong way with some skilled players. We will see better now that we are opening up our game but will still suffer for being smaller and non physical and easily pushed around. 

Tell me the average height and weight of the Sabres and compare it to league average. Seriously go do that and then come back. 

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Tell me the average height and weight of the Sabres and compare it to league average. Seriously go do that and then come back. 

It's not about size only it's about heart. It's about playing big not necessarily being big. 

Contrast then and now. Mike Peca, Tage Thompson.  Need I say more  (and I didn't even use the extreme of Danny Briere :))

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's not about size only it's about heart. It's about playing big not necessarily being big. 

Contrast then and now. Mike Peca, Tage Thompson.  Need I say more  (and I didn't even use the extreme of Danny Briere :))

Then ppl should say that and stop saying "we gotta get bigger!" We gotta get more tenacity. 

This team is European easy to play against. (just basing that off of style of play) Put pressure on them and check them tight and they fold. They cannot clear or protect the front of their net, nor can they stay in front of the opponents net. We have bigger guys that cannot hit or stay on the puck. 

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Is Reinhart the worst RW in the league?

These minuses say nothing except that the team as a collective is an abomination 

Considering Dahlin is a defenseman and last in the league it certainly doesn’t say “elite” or that he is good at his job.  Then watch the film on many of those “minuses” and you’ll see why. It is inescapable that he’s terrible. Not saying he can’t be fixed but right now he’s atrocious in his own zone. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Then ppl should say that and stop saying "we gotta get bigger!" We gotta get more tenacity. 

St Louis was #1 in weight averaged for TOI.

Tampa and the Capitals were near the top as well.

The Sabres might fine in relation to the league average, but I'd rather compare them to teams that win.

Size matters.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

I have to say being a fan since day 1, this team has almost sucked the hockey life out of me. Had to say almost as i still wanted to throw my remote when we choked last night....LOL

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.