GDT: Flyers at Sabres 3-29-21. 7PM start

spndnchz

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea, he's a whipping boy. 

He lost it with no support either for a pass or in case he lost it. Kid was hung out to dry

Look at Hall on the play.  On the side of net covered and standing there.  With no chance of helping get back - hence the 2 on 1.  

I never liked him as an Oiler.  He surprised me for one year as a Devil.  He is a bum.  Trade for anything.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea, he's a whipping boy. 

He lost it with no support either for a pass or in case he lost it. Kid was hung out to dry

I agree that his teammates should have been more available for passes, but he did have room to not engage with the Flyer/get squeezed out. Everyone and their mother knew he wasn't going to come out of that with the puck, and he didn't. To his credit, he got it back for a split second, but it wasn't enough to keep it away from Philly for long. 

Had Dahlin been more capable of maintaining possession when engaged, or had he chosen not to enter the point of attack like that, we would not have lost the puck there 

But, the goal was more on the other two, and I maintain my original point (which apparently was using him as a 'whipping boy') that neither Dahlin's hands, strengths, nor confidence level of late warranted being the first D out in overtime, and it's not really fair to him to do that. I think one would have to be pretty sensitive to take this as treating Dahlin unfairly or as a whipping boy

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I agree that his teammates should have been more available for passes, but he did have room to not engage with the Flyer/get squeezed out. Everyone and their mother knew he wasn't going to come out of that with the puck, and he didn't. To his credit, he got it back for a split second, but it wasn't enough to keep it away from Philly for long. 

Had Dahlin been more capable of maintaining possession when engaged, or had he chosen not to enter the point of attack like that, we would not have lost the puck there 

But, the goal was more on the other two, and I maintain my original point (which apparently was using him as a 'whipping boy') that neither Dahlin's hands, strengths, nor confidence level of late warranted being the first D out in overtime, and it's not really fair to him to do that. I think you'd have to be pretty sensitive to take this as treating Dahlin unfairly or as a whipping boy

I understand and you're right. I'm just, mad. Mad at how bad they've gotten. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

But, the goal was more on the other two, and I maintain my original point (which apparently was using him as a 'whipping boy') that neither Dahlin's hands, strengths, nor confidence level of late warranted being the first D out in overtime, and it's not really fair to him to do that. I think you'd have to be pretty sensitive to take this as treating Dahlin unfairly or as a whipping boy

Him being our best D man today warrants him being out in OT to start 

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

His mishandling triggered the change in possession that ultimately led to the goal, though I do agree that the other two are more at fault for the goal. I don't really think we have the guys available to put in his place, but this didn't help the Sabres win and it isn't going to help Dahlin's likely deteriorating mental state. 

Mental State? He has a wing to himself in the Buffalo Psychiatric Center 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

I didn't catch a lot of the game (watched about 4 mins of the 1st, and then 3rd plus OT) so fair enough. 

I also remember a couple OT plays he was in on now, but they were all PP goals. 

Tangentially, if we are trading Jack, the return had better be good, because I don't think we will ever score in OT or on PP without that guy lol 

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Sure, I'll bite, 1 hard practice, 1 "almost game".

I'm expecting 2 hard practices, 2 "almost games".

LOL

How about we throw in the towel on the remainder of the season and just FREAKING PRACTICE

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Dahlin is so broken he should not be back in this line up.  He’s not going to get better in this situation. Let him go to Rochester and get confidence and the new staff rebuild him. 

He wouldn't clear waivers

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Dahlin is so broken he should not be back in this line up.  He’s not going to get better in this situation. Let him go to Rochester and get confidence and the new staff rebuild him. 

He was our best D man today! 

It’s not his fault that should be the 3-4 guy on a good team 

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Dahlin wasn't at fault this game. 

As a matter of fact, you can see the difference between Krueger and Granato. Dahlin, as well as a couple other D are much more aggressive on the offensive side. Just so happens, in OT, with 3 on 3, it cost us.

Be advised, I have no problem with the loss. You play to what you deserve, and this particular Sabres roster deserves every loss they are accumulating. Make no mistake, this team, is that bad.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.