GDT: Flyers at Sabres 3-29-21. 7PM start

spndnchz

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Dahlin is so broken he should not be back in this line up.  He’s not going to get better in this situation. Let him go to Rochester and get confidence and the new staff rebuild him. 

Man. I never thought I'd even consider this move, but it'd maybe be a decent one yeah?

Just now, LGR4GM said:

He wouldn't clear waivers

Never mind, I forgot about this stuff lmao

If we could bypass waivers and send Dahlin to Rochester the only way it would make sense is if we thought he wasn’t ready for the NHL and wanted to save him - cause he’s actively hurting our team less than the other 5 pylons back there 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Dahlin wasn't at fault this game. 

As a matter of fact, you can see the difference between Krueger and Granato. Dahlin, as well as a couple other D are much more aggressive on the offensive side. Just so happens, in OT, with 3 on 3, it cost us.

Be advised, I have no problem with the loss. You play to what you deserve, and this particular Sabres roster deserves every loss they are accumulating. Make no mistake, this team, is that bad.

He was at fault! On the game tying goal he was stationary in front of Ulmark . When the pass came over to the flyer player four feet in front of Dahlin, a bantam AAA dman would know to jump out and put pressure.  He doubts himself at every phase of the game

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Please stop blaming Dahlin for everything. 

He’s still a kid, and it’s more than just him. 

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

Did someone seriously say the team should waive Dahlin?

If so, they need to be benched from positing. 

You should read a bit closer

The poster who suggested it did not know about waivers, and neither did the dummy who echoed the thought (me!)

Far more people are expressing actual anger at Hall than Dahlin 

43 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

He wasn't horrible this game, he actually was good in the 1st and 2nd.

But his OT play, ya, not a wise choice.

But this lose wasn't on him.

I hear ya but he chocked, IMO.  The puck handling in the OT was poor.  Head down looking at the puck and the ultimate turnover lead to the loss.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JKB1646 said:

He was at fault! On the game tying goal he was stationary in front of Ulmark . When the pass came over to the flyer player four feet in front of Dahlin, a bantam AAA dman would know to jump out and put pressure.  He doubts himself at every phase of the game

It's a young mans mistake, it does nothing to address why the Flyers were even in the offensive zone to begin with.

Look, I understand, I get it.

But if you want that not to happen, it all comes down to "PUCK POSSESSION". Simply put, spending more time in the OFFENSIVE ZONE and TRANSITIONING allows for less time in the DEFENSIVE ZONE.

Currently, the Sabres DO NOT have that capability, for whatever reason.

So, in essence, the lesson is, PUCK POSSESSION GOOD, LACK OF PUCK POSSESSION BAD.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Dahlin is probably the worst defenseman in the league right now. No way those 3 should of been out there. Terrible coaching. 

It's "should have," for crying out loud. And if you think Rasmus Dahlin is "probably the worst defenseman in the league right now," well, I can discard your opinions for a long time.

• Thanks (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

What the heck was Montour doing on the tying goal. Who was he covering there ? 

Not sure, but it was spectacular. It was Vaudevillian, maybe even Keystone Kops-ish. Whatever it was, it needs some music set behind it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Technically it started with Lazar in place of Hall and Hall jumped on to provide more offense 😂

14 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Theoretically... Hall provides more offense......but not on this planet. 

Oh I don’t know about that.  Hall is pretty offensive to me.  Zing!

• Haha (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, TerryFolds said:

The joke is on Montour because his NHL career is over after this season.

Once he is off the Sabres and goes to a team who has good defensive coaches he will be better. This team lacks toughness and have no drive to their game. They play boring hockey. Team is just absolutely pathetic and the contracts given to these players are much worse. Victor Olofsson doesn’t do anything at 5 on 5 hockey. This team is unwatchable and looks worse then the tank years. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.