GDT: Flyers at Sabres 3-29-21. 7PM start

spndnchz

The Buffalo Sabres are back at home tonight for a game against the Philadelphia Flyers.

They'll look to snap a 17-game winless streak (0-15-2). Faceoff from KeyBank Center is scheduled for 7 p.m. RJ and Rayzor will have the call on MSG and WGR 550. Pregame coverage on MSG kicks things off at 6:30.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

If they lose they tie for longest streak of consecutive losses, no?

No. The record for consecutive losses, according to the NHL, is 17. The record for a winless streak is 30. That's what the Sabres are gunning for.

I don't like it, but the league gets the final say.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Tonight's the night
It's gonna be alright
'Cause I love you girl
Ain't nobody gonna stop us now...

Tonight I'm gonna have myself a real good time
I feel alive
And the world I'll turn it inside out, yeah
I'm floating around in ecstasy
So, (don't stop me now)
(Don't stop me)
'Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

AVENGE PARENT!!

JUST BEAT THESE MOST DASTARDLY OF THE DASTARDLY DUO ...

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Do they look at numbers? I mean seriously. Olofsson is mediocre at best 5v5 and Skinner is actually pretty decent. 

Clearly, they have never looked at the numbers.  Half these players wouldn’t even be in the NHL.  

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Bryson not on the ice for morning skate according to Hamilton

He’s getting traded!!! That’s what this always means!  By always I mean never.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Clearly, they have never looked at the numbers.  Half these players wouldn’t even be in the NHL.  

He’s getting traded!!! That’s what this always means!  By always I mean never.

He left the ice during the last game.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Skinner remaining on the 4th line is a joke.  Does the green GM realize that he can tell the interim HC that Skinner isn't going anywhere, and put him in the top 6 for at least 10 games.

Granato can GTFO as soon as the season is over.

Do you take the side that there is no accountability on the Sabres, that there’s too much accountability, or somewhere in between?

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Skinner remaining on the 4th line is a joke.  Does the green GM realize that he can tell the interim HC that Skinner isn't going anywhere, and put him in the top 6 for at least 10 games.

So another coach is wrong about the guy?!

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

So another coach is wrong about the guy?!

Wrong in his usage?  Yes!  He is a defensive liability and they knew that when he was signed for 9 mil per.  He is not the only top 6 forward in the NHL who sucks in his own end.  They are stuck with him, and if the best answer is to play him on the 4th line with NHL scrubs, then the HC needs to be fired.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

Do you take the side that there is no accountability on the Sabres, that there’s too much accountability, or somewhere in between?

There is fault with the Sabres for signing him, and fault with Skinner for being a freelancer.  I know Botts is gone, but the Pegula's signed off on the deal, Skinner is basically unmovable, and they are not buying him out unless a compliance buyout magically appears in the next year or two.

Therefore, is is really a better use of his skill set to be on the 4th line instead of the top 6?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I didn't see the Boston game, but Skinner had a turnover in the Pittsburgh game that led to a goal which deflated us after a good start.

Granato has given him his 2 most-played-in games on the year. Only 1 of Jeff's 12 lowest-ice-time games were under Granato

Also, just because that line is listed 4th in a tweet doesn't mean it'll get the 4th most usage. The only difference appears to me to be that Mitts got a promotion for his good play.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Remember when news started leaking out in late 2010 that Terry was buying the team? The Sabres responded. Assuming the players know about this Rutherford/Karmanos/Pegula stipulation stuff, we could see a similar response. I mean, it won't be the winning streak covering the rest of the season we'd see if the Pegulas announced they are selling, but... tonight's a win. Book it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.