GDT: 3/18/2021: Boston at Buffalo 7pm MSG-B/ESPN+ WGR A NEW ERA

Doohickie

I missed the first few minutes of the game and just had a chance to watch the Bruins goal.  All I can say is, if a goalie is going to pass/shoot the puck, under NO circumstances should he give it away like Hutton did just prior to the goal.  That just drives me nuckin futs.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The 74-75 and 75-76 Flyers were the best team I ever saw at scoring right after giving up a goal.  They were mostly goons, but their talented players had skill and heart,  and they had the luxury of playing fearless. 

People forget that their goons were tireless checkers who played a very simple game aside from the hook-and-hold to compensate for their lack of skill.  They were a goonier version of the 1996-2001 Sabres except that they had a top line of HoFers and a good 2nd line.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bruins have always drafted and developed big power forwards.  It’s part of their culture and image. I like that.  

My love of the NHL goes back to Bobby Orr coming into the league and freaking everyone out with speed and skill.  Best defenseman ever => Bobby Orr. 

8 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

People forget that their goons were tireless checkers who played a very simple game aside from the hook-and-hold to compensate for their lack of skill.  They were a goonier version of the 1996-2001 Sabres except that they had a top line of HoFers and a good 2nd line.

Yes.  The gooniest team ever most likely.  Their goons played regular shifts too.  They were beasts. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.