GDT Sabres at Rangers 7PM 3-2-21

spndnchz

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It made zero difference tonight, but it matters.

It matters to me. 

I needed to know that at least one guy cares.

Cuz I wasn't sure.

A goal would have meant more than the nothing that happened. 

Another loss. Puts us last place in the division.  Familiar territory.  

I hated the way they played the last 2 minutes.  Most of the night we were bad.  Our alleged best players are not coming through.  

Cozens is the highlight.  He went to the dirty area, took nothing, and fought to make a statement.  When he wants room to set up he will get room or fight for it.  

You guys saying Cozens is ready for the C are crazy.  Do not put the load of this lousy group on him.  Someday he will wear a C.  Not now, not yet.  

Edited by Pimlach

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It made zero difference tonight, but it matters.

It matters to me. 

I needed to know that at least one guy cares.

Cuz I wasn't sure.

Yes, I agree. It matters big time. The "*****" culture has to leave this team. You have to bring every aspect of the game to win. Those who believe that players don't like or can't play the physical game are mistaken. Its always there. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sabres next 10 games....

1). Islanders
2). Islanders
3). Islanders
4). Flyers
5). Penguins
6). Penguins
7). Capitals
8). Devils
9). Bruins 
10). Bruins 

How bad is it going to get?

There must be 10-12 games left vs Boston isn't there? 

3 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Why can't you have both a goal and a fight? They are not mutually exclusive.

Because the fight is worthless to the score of the game.

You all can argue with a guy on the internet, but every coach across every team has made the strategic  decision to sign hockey players and not fighters. Yell at them. 

If it was worth something it would be tracked by analytics and coaches would employ it as a tactic. I’m sorry you all miss the 70s. The game has moved on. 

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sabres next 10 games....

1). Islanders
2). Islanders
3). Islanders
4). Flyers
5). Penguins
6). Penguins
7). Capitals
8). Devils
9). Bruins 
10). Bruins 

How bad is it going to get?

Over under on total Sabres goals in these 3 Islanders games?

+\- 3

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

You all can argue with a guy on the internet, but every coach across every team has made the strategic  decision to sign hockey players and not fighters. Yell at them. 

If it was worth something it would be tracked by analytics and coaches would employ it as a tactic. I’m sorry you all miss the 70s. The game has moved on. 

I just watched a bit of Dylan's post game interview.  He did a good job telling why he did it.  I'm impressed with his maturity.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

I agree that fights rarely impact the actual gameplay.  I’m not fighting fan.

At the same time, I love that Cozens showed that emotion.  This team doesn’t have enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

No one is saying bring back goon-ism or the 70's. But passion, defending yourself and your teammates physically, and sacrificing yourself for your team is leading by example, it is Servant Leadership.  Fighting has its place and it took a Rookie to show this team how to lead.  You say it doesn't impact the score.  I disagree. It may not have affected this game's score, but more of this kind of physical example, sacrifice, and leadership will equate to much improved scores and even more importantly WINS in the days/years to come. 

Stepping off the soapbox now to give someone else a turn : )

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, SDS said:

Disagree, it means a lot. Its not even about fighting, per se. Its about playing with heart, emotion, determination. Athletics in general is not just about skill. What gets you past the other competitor is your will and determination. If that means kicking someone's ass, then yes it does have an effect  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.