2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Pete Carroll?  Really?  The Seahawks won one Super Bowl in spite of him and lost one because of him.  

PFF is good for some things and absolute trash for most. At this point I'm having a hard time believing they're not just in it for clicks

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

PFF is good for some things and absolute trash for most. At this point I'm having a hard time believing their not just in it for clicks

You’re confusing Pro Football Focus and Pro Football Talk. Both are trash, though.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Pete Carroll?  Really?  The Seahawks won one Super Bowl in spite of him and lost one because of him.  

Sean Payton is another that’s vastly overrated. One title with a top 15 QB of all time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

You’re confusing Pro Football Focus and Pro Football Talk. Both are trash, though.

PFF was one of the sites I used for fantasy football, and I was in the championship game here every year I played, so I guess they're good for some things.

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

PFF was one of the sites I used for fantasy football, and I was in the championship game here every year I played, so I guess they're good for some things.

When they first came up their word was near gospel. Really high quality stuff. Once they got pro contracts (they work with NBC or at least did for multiple years including last year) they started getting biased and it has changed everyone’s view of them.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Ertz would be a very good add.

But until a deal actually gets made & announced this is really a non-news item.  They've been "close" to a deal since before the draft.

Yup. It's gotten a bit old by now. I imagine Beane is waiting for him to get cut which many people expect will happen.

The Bills can win it all.  Anyone else on this board ever had the feeling that no team you support can win a title?  For 40 years I had that.  It ended last night when Mississippi State spanked Vanderbilt in a game 3 winner take all title game!  Final was 9-0!!  
This season is THE season for the Bills.  It’s going to happen.  Go Bills!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoPre said:

The Bills can win it all.  Anyone else on this board ever had the feeling that no team you support can win a title?

Man, tell me about it.  The Bills' last championship was 1965 in a league of 8 teams (55 seasons, 5th longest active draught in NFL).  The Sabres have 0 championships (50 seasons, 2nd longest active NHL drought (thanks, Toronto!)).  The Indians' last championship was in 1948 (longest active drought in MLB).

I was pulling for the Cavs when they finally got their championship with LeBron, but I never really cared for basketball and it was more pulling for Cleveland the city rather than the team (Indians fan and my uncle lived in a suburb of Cleveland when I was growing up).  I also like to cheer on the Browns in a similar fashion (except when it conflicts with the Bills).

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Now, now.

Let’s see the beast master gap integrity.

He can improve and I expect he will. Gap integrity is definitely the one area he’s average or slightly above average at so I expect that’s a big focus of his offseason. If he gets that down he goes from a damn good linebacker and great leader to great at both and likely all pro.

13 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Hes still like 19 too lol

Cover 1 does a good job showing that while he does have a lot of room for growth, many if not all the plays he "misses" are actually screw ups elsewhere he's trying to make up for. 

The re-addition of Star could have a big impact on the entire defense but especially the linebackers. That is if the new, more slender Star plays a similar game.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/31765336/ranking-nfl-top-10-linebackers-2021-execs-coaches-players-make-their-picks

NFL Execs rank the current linebackers in the league. Tremaine Edmunds come in at number 8 overall. At least one executive had him as the best linebacker in the league. At least one had him out of the top 10.

From the article:

Tremaine Edmunds, Buffalo Bills

Highest ranking: 1 | Lowest ranking: Unranked

Edmunds' potential is so expansive that this ranking feels too low. He is 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds, with incredible downhill ability and range.

"This guy is tough -- very rangy against the pass, good instincts," an NFC coach said. "Tough for us to deal with."

Man coverage is not his strength, but Edmunds can use that 4.5-second 40-yard dash speed to diagnose short passes and wash them out. Edmunds covered 4,359 yards when traveling above 12 mph, per Next Gen Stats, the highest total of the group. And at age 23, Edmunds is still ascending.

"In zone defense where he can come downhill, he's really good," the coach said.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.