Taylor Hall signing: 8 million one yr with Sabres

50 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If we get Toffoli and Hall then dear lord then we really improved our top 6. Yet I'd still like a guy who can split time with Ullmark. 

No room for Toffoli unless you move reinhart for a LHD or a goalie

• Like (+1) 1
9 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Really?  Eakin had a down year but has a 40 point season recently.  Larsson never gets 20 points.  You can argue Larsson is the better defensive forward, I would argue he was one of the main penalty killers on a historically bad PK unit

I'd say Eakin to Larsson is a significant downgrade, but with a shuffled line deployment, and really, the now significant positive net F talent in vs net F talent out equation, I see it being something that we can definitely work around in a much easier, realistic way than yesterday. 

We went to bed saying they absolutely needed a solid wing add, and we damn well got it. Above and beyond on that front. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3
35 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Would we move Miller and Mitty for a goalie?

Yep but we'd have to dispose of hutton somehow?

Miller, Mitts and Hutton

for Kuemper and Kessel or Schmaltz

Arizona has a mandate to trim $15m and this trade would trim 3.5 if kessel is included and 2.5 if schmaltz is

Now with the signing of Hall the excitement of the fan base has been stoked. However, because of the virus it is very likely that fans won't be allowed into the arena, or if so, only on a limited basis. It would be such a dramatic change from usually having a quiet arena turn into a lively and boisterous arena creating an exciting environment.  I just hope that this dangerous health situation soon changes so we can all go back to normal living. 

• Like (+1) 2
5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Now with the signing of Hall the excitement of the fan base has been stoked. However, because of the virus it is very likely that fans won't be allowed into the arena, or if so, only on a limited basis. It would be such a dramatic change from usually having a quiet arena turn into a lively and boisterous arena creating an exciting environment.  I just hope that this dangerous health situation soon changes so we can all go back to normal living. 

To be fair no one went anyway.

• Haha (+1) 1
10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'd say Eakin to Larsson is a significant downgrade,

I'm not sure this is true. I know the stats on Eakin don't say anything great and maybe it's just coincidence, like he had a good game when i was watching, but he's a player I remember being impressed with once or twice. I'm really not sure he's as awful as people think and might just be ok as 3rd or 4th line C. 

With Staal signed for one year and Hall for one year I guess if things do still go south we can move both of them for substantial picks prospects at the dealine so I can't see anything negative in this. Hall is definitely a merc. but he might just want to have a year like Skinner last year to max his price for the next contract. might have asked to be able to play with Eichel. This could be good. 

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

To be fair no one went anyway.

i was supposed to go last season. i had tickets to the end of march, which was obviously cancelled. unfortunately its unlikely i will ever get the opportunity to go again. i always dreamed of gong to see the sabres in buffalo

Edited by miles

From the presser; Hall wanted to be here!  Thinks something special is brewing.  He studied our roster.  Likes The possibility to play with Jack. 

Edited by Gatorman0519

Since Hall and Jack like the puck, it wouldn't surprise me if after a short trial he gets moved to line 2 to drive play. If KA is as smart as we hope, they may have signed him for 1 year to ease the expansion draft problem if they signed him to a longer term now. Hopefully that's the case, otherwise a 1 year deal doesn't make sense for a player of his ilk.

• Like (+1) 2
14 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Getting 2 legit NHL centers helps fix the disastrous moves of JNot. 

kevyn adams did more in the 15 minutes he has been a GM than all of the time JBot did (or didnt do)

• Like (+1) 3
1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

What is the best way to prepare crow?  I have to eat some.  Also, advice on the sides would be welcome.

I'm dishing up some myself, come on over!

• Like (+1) 1
2 minutes ago, miles said:

kevyn adams did more in the 15 minutes he has been a GM than all of the time JBot did (or didnt do)

The Hall signing had more to do with RFK than Keyvn. Give credit where it is due. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Go to Twitter and search Taylor Hall to see "scoops" of Hall signing with a dozen other teams.

Or, completely ignore any and all things that get put on Twitter unless the person has a significant history of credible ‚Äúscoops‚ÄĚ. Yea ...¬†do that.¬†

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

The Hall signing had more to do with RFK than Keyvn. Give credit where it is due. 

the stealing of staal alone is more than jbot

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Go to Twitter and search Taylor Hall to see "scoops" of Hall signing with a dozen other teams.

Was watching NHL Tonight and they talked like Hall was going to Nash but thought he was a good fit in Carolina.

They said he likes to play fast and carry the puck.  Likes having D move the puck up quickly to him.  Sounds like a good fit here.  

Just an FYI:  Staal, Hall, Montour, and McCabe (and Hutton) plus RFAs Joker and Dahlin are all on one year deals.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Was watching NHL Tonight and they talked like Hall was going to Nash but thought he was a good fit in Carolina.

They said he likes to play fast and carry the puck.  Likes having D move the puck up quickly to him.  Sounds like a good fit here.  

Just an FYI:  Staal, Hall, Montour, and McCabe (and Hutton) plus RFAs Joker and Dahlin are all on one year deals.

Is there a team out there that likes their defense to take their time and lollygag while getting the puck up the ice?

• Like (+1) 1
2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

i suspect joker and dahlin will be here long term. 

staal will probably retire