Free Agent Frenzy! Oct 9, 2020

spndnchz

Apparently Armstrong in Arizona has been told to cut $15 million.  Yikes, how do they do that in a market where other teams don’t want to take on money.  OEL staying really screws them up.  One or both of their goalies have to be up for trade, even Keller at $7 million might have to be in play.  They would love to move Kassel but is anyone taking him or Stephan?

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I know he’s bad in his zone but didn’t think it was that bad with the points he puts up. 

I don't think he's without use but he isn't usually the driver behind the scoring For (Against is another matter) when he is on the ice - at least that's what the stats show. My eye test tends to line up though and his short commitment contract I'd say reflects that - but everyone's personal mileage may vary. 

Sometimes you see Jack wheel around, find the open man with a great pass, the guy shoots it, and Reino gets a stick on it in close and Jack gets his secondary assist - and that's a valuable secondary assist. 

Obviously Barrie makes some good plays but often he's getting secondary PP assists on routine passing plays, and I don't think his raw numbers hold up their end of the bargain. 

Edited by Thorny

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Pysyk, Barrie, C Smith, Koivu, and Griess all signed today.

Still nothing on Kahun, Fast or Toffoli.

Mogliny had more goals in one season then Larsson has points in his career.

I agree and I have altered my position accordingly. 

What are we thinking Mogilny (UFA) will cost us relative to some of the other available market targets?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

praise jesus

I myself am also glad we just lost our second leading C by ice time who took on all the tough matchups and did well preventing goals against in said usage. I wouldn't even look outside the organization, Mittelstadt should be able to provide similar defensive results while upgrading our shoot-out capabilities. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

WTF...Girgs gets 800k more per year and an extra year of term compared to Larsson who would have been the better player to retain?

This is what Girgs should have been signed for.  He had little value on the open market and the flat cap. 

Edited by LabattBlue

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.