Free Agent Frenzy! Oct 9, 2020

spndnchz

6 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

This is feeling a LOT like the Buddy Nix era.

And is the ONLY reason yours truly wasn't on the "can Botterill" bandwagon.  Had no faith the next guy would be at least as "good."

Way too early to say Adams won't be able to do the job.  But so far, the plus column seems to be stuck at Staal & a nice 4 spot move up for a sliding projected late 1st round winger.  And got the 13th F to re-sign at a good deal.

C'mon Kevin, give us reason to believe! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

If we have any faith in management, gotta believe there's something noteworthy percolating behind closed doors.  Something that improves this team.

I have zero faith. I think Pegula has run this franchise into the ground. Who would willingly come here? May be one of the most ineptitude franchises in all of sports and that's from the owner down.

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

Wow, I’m surprised you feel this way.

I'm shocked that anyone with your hockey knowledge continues to support the owner and comrades. I'm 77 and followed this franchise since it's inception this is as low as I've felt about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

If I was Jack I would give KA a full season to get this team looking deep and stacked. If he doesn’t, I think I would demand a trade in the off season. Like the next morning after the last regular season game is played. I know some of you fans wouldn’t want to give KA time to right the ship, but as a pro, if I was jack, I would. But only a season.

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

I'm shocked that anyone with your hockey knowledge continues to support the owner and comrades. I'm 77 and followed this franchise since it's inception this is as low as I've felt about it. 

And I’m 60 and there were a lot lower times. Not only that, but I believe that this team has the right coach and GM and will be a playoff team if there actually is a season,

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

If I was Jack I would give KA a full season to get this team looking deep and stacked. If he doesn’t, I think I would demand a trade in the off season. Like the next morning after the last regular season game is played. I know some of you fans wouldn’t want to give KA time to right the ship, but as a pro, if I was jack, I would. But only a season.

Oh I think that message has been sent already.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

And I’m 60 and there were a lot lower times. Not only that, but I believe that this team has the right coach and GM and will be a playoff team if there actually is a season,

I can only appreciate your loyalty. And I don't know how you judge KA other than he presents himself well. The coach? I like him actually.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

That totally neglects the fact that the non-scoring 4th line oftentimes was matched against the other team's top line and would typically battle them to a draw.  The 4th line, if centered by Lazar will not be able to do that IMHO.  So, they may score a bit more, but if the other team now scores even more, that is a net loss.  Having to play the Staal line out of necessity against tougher competition than the Johansson line faced will not be a victory either, again IMHO.

Plus, if the Mittelstadt line (ducks LOL) has to play real minutes, that's another one chalked up in the L column.

The bottom line is that it doesn't seem that the Sabres were interested in retaining him. And I'm not sure he was interested in coming back? What's obvious is that there weren't many teams that were interesting in bidding for his specialty services. He ended up going to a team with most likely with the lowest payroll in the league for a paltry contract. I really don't believe that his loss is going to have a tangible effect. In my humble opinion there is too much analysis for a transaction that isn't as consequential as many are making it out to be. I wish Larry well in Arizona. 

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

I'm 61 and not so sure about that. At least when we hit the bottom before we had the star player coming in to give us optimism for moving forward. Now? People arguing over whether Lazar can replace Larsson as if it's important when neither should be overly relevant. I mean Larsson was fine, but he's a 4th line player and Lazar barely deserves a roster spot and wouldn't have one on a good team. The bar is really really low. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.