GDT Montreal at Buffalo, January 30, 2020, 7 o'clock post meridiem, MSG Network, WGR 550 amplitude modulation frequency.

Eleven

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I bet it's coming, and sooner than you think.

There is no savior coming in the off season, no trade that's going to turn around the fortunes of this organization in the immediate future, no prospect that's going to step in and save the day.

I'm calling it now, Eichel will be gone by the end of the next season, either at the dead line or in that off season.

That may be the "blockbuster deal" we have been waiting on. Sad to say, but realistically you get rid of an increasingly unhappy player (I am guessing- hey how could he not be??) and Buffalo can get a lot for him in the deal, so perhaps, this is the one that materializes. Hard to conceive, but the franchise may be better for it in the long run, depending on what comes back. I think the Sabres would easily get more back then Jack and whomever goes with him. I don't want to see Jack go but this may be the deal coming that changes things. Turgeon got dealt, Mogilny etc. It could happen.

I mean anyone questioning whether there are potentially long term repercussions of Botterill stringing out this rebuild to the longest allowable timeline is getting pretty worried when they see Jack smash his stick in frustration at the end. You know he's aware of the outside talk right now. He knows people were watching for that. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I refuse to believe it. 

This is going to end with us bringing in an old school, proven, past his prime type vet, like a Dean Lombardi, who quickly and efficiently turns us into a consistent 6-7th place team in the conference. 

And I'll take accept it all with a sigh of satisfaction. 

I'm done with believing the Pegula's will do the right thing here. There is just to much evidence to the contrary. I can't see Jack sticking around after 5 years of his career are circling the toilet bowl. Let's be honest for a moment, he's a competitor, he's not competing here, and quite honestly, do you believe Botterill can reshape this roster in 1 off season to turn it in to a true cup contender? Not a roster building towards such mind you, but a true cup contender?

I don't believe for a single second he is capable. Next season will be much like this season with maybe, and I stress maybe, a few more points. Botterill has proven nothing. The team itself, the roster, is completely without identity. They are pussies on the ice, they run like cowards from the physical game, they don't back one another, they have near 0 chemistry, they can't hit the broad side of a barn when shooting, and they have not a clue what winning a puck battle means.

It is what it is, and that would be the Product of one Terry Pegula.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

"Wins and losses aren't a goalie stat" - Hutton. 

Interesting. 

Like he's literally distancing himself from his teammates. Like, that's unusual, no?

'I live in my own little box out there" he says, too. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I mean anyone questioning whether there are potentially long term repercussions of Botterill stringing out this rebuild to the longest allowable timeline is getting pretty worried when they see Jack smash his stick in frustration at the end. You know he's aware of the outside talk right now. He knows people were watching for that. 

It's a bad sign when your captain is the first one back trying to stop an empty net goal, dives into the net, almost gets decapitated, and smashes his sick in frustration.  I can hear him say, "WTF more do I have to do to get you MF'ers to play hard and with passion."

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The whole FO and management needs to go.  Put RK as the president. His skill better fits there. Bring in Gallant to take over.  Find an experienced GM.  

How about firing Botterill and sending Ralph back to the EPL? He has experience managing a soccer team, but none managing a NHL team.

How about hiring a GM with some experience instead of continually sponsoring an internship program for wanna-be GMs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.