GDT Montreal at Buffalo, January 30, 2020, 7 o'clock post meridiem, MSG Network, WGR 550 amplitude modulation frequency.

Eleven

2 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Who Cares is favored in Vegas at -180

Really? So that means I put down 100 on the Sabres and get 180 if they win? I'd place that bet, except that I've never bet on sports and I'm terrified of it, namely the rabbit hole it represents when you start betting on your beloved team's games. I don't see any good result, even if I win. Bet on the Sabres and they win? Great, now I'm a "professional" fan.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Really? So that means I put down 100 on the Sabres and get 180 if they win? I'd place that bet, except that I've never bet on sports and I'm terrified of it, namely the rabbit hole it represents when you start betting on your beloved team's games. I don't see any good result, even if I win. Bet on the Sabres and they win? Great, now I'm a "professional" fan.

Since the 'Who Cares' Team is -180, our 'beloved' Sabres are +160. Insiders suggest that 'Who Cares' has no scouting report on Carter Hutton, but was told to wing it.

Who Cares 7, Buffalo 2

• Like (+1) 1

Fork it.  Sabres had their typical rust filled game coming out of a break against a horrible opponent and thanks to several undisciplined penalties managed to let the moveable object (Otters on the road) overtake the resistable force (Sabres off a break).

If Ullmark weren't broken, would expect a W going away.  Alas, he is, and Hutton has the confidence of (can't even think of an analogy with little enough confidence- maybe the French Army vs a Boy Scout Troop?) whatever so they likely lose this.  But, if Hutts either surprises and gets the job done OR he flails so miserably that Johansson comes in to start the 2nd and HE gets the job done; the rest of this 3 week stretch that should be very winnable could be salvaged.

Let's Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1

cut.jpg

The Sabres and Montreal Canadiens will go at it tonight. Faceoff from KeyBank Center is scheduled for 7 p.m. with the GMC Game Night pregame show on MSG starting at 6:30.

• This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Montreal 5-4 (OT) in Buffalo on Oct. 9, 2019.
  • Next meeting: Thursday, March 12 in Montreal
  • The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 5-3-2 at home.
  • Buffalo is 4-1-0 against Montreal since the beginning of last season. A win tonight would give the Sabres wins in four straight visits from the Canadiens for the first time since they won seven consecutive matchups in Buffalo from Dec. 26, 2001 to March 24, 2004.

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

4-3 Sabres

I don't see this.  Tonight is the season.  This is absolutely the fork in the road.  One of two things will happen:  Either the Sabres have enough self-respect to come flying out of the gate, beat the Habs to a pulp, and win by several goals, or we see the same crap that we saw on Tuesday.  If it's the former, the playoffs are a hope.  If it's the latter, this season is over.

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If it's the former, the playoffs are a hope.  If it's the latter, this season is over.

The current pace in the East is right about 98-100 points as the playoff threshold. We would need to average 15 points in every 10 games from here on out to hit that (7-1-2) in our remaining 32 games. The playoffs are beautiful place, and there's always hope...  Sometimes you blow up the Death Star and sometimes there's another Death Star or fleet of Death Stars and your doomed.

(We're currently on pace for 83 points)

Edit: Adding Binnington

Last season in 32 regular season games (the same as we have remaining right now) Binnington went 24-5-1. We need that. If Johansson is Binnington (and we have STL's defensive structure)....  That's the type of run we're looking at.

Edited by DarthEbriate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.