Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Practice Lines 11/23/19

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If we are bringing Bogo back why is Miller playing and not Joker. 

If you list the Miller Montour pair as the 4th pair, I think it makes more sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If we are bringing Bogo back why is Miller playing and not Joker. 

Load Management.  Back to back games?  Guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

 

Dahlin & Bogo

the blues brothers GIF

“We’re getting the band back together”.   The metrics last year showed them as a good pairing.  Ralph needs to try anything to get Rasmus going.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did we give up for Miller? for Montour? 

 

Miller - a #2 and a #5

Montour - a #1 and Guhle 

Amazing if they turn out to be # 7 and 8 defenseman.  Especially the way McCabe looks lately.  

Edited by Pimlach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If we are bringing Bogo back why is Miller playing and not Joker. 

Could almost as easily ask that as 'if they're bringing back Bogosian, why is Scandella playing and not Montour?'

(Not convinced Lysowski's pairings are ordered properly.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea that Joki and Scandy will likely sit while we ice those 12 forwards discomfits and confounds to say the least.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least Gilmour is not on the 4th line anymore.

On one hand that's a good thing, but then I look at our 3rd and 4th line (and even the second line) and see that it's not that good atol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The idea that Joki and Scandy will likely sit while we ice those 12 forwards discomfits and confounds to say the least.

Apparently no one else in the league needs any of these defensemen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dudacek said:

The idea that Joki and Scandy will likely sit while we ice those 12 forwards discomfits and confounds to say the least.

A month and a half ago I'd be nodding my head at the lineup and saying "that makes sense."

That was when I was assuming Scandy was the same player as last year, and Joki was the player I thought I saw in training camp.

Now that they've made up what has to be unarguably our best defensive pairing to date...

 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Dahlin & Bogo

the blues brothers GIF

“We’re getting the band back together”.   The metrics last year showed them as a good pairing.  Ralph needs to try anything to get Rasmus going.  

So true!

The last time Dahlin looked really good Bogo was his wingman.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to sit McCabe and Risto for 2 games and see what happens.

Just from a pure analytical stand point the team should be better.

Just want to see if that is true or not.

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

 

I was a guy that was fine keeping skinner off Eichel line so we could try to produce something outside of the first line but JFC if we’re playing him with sheary and Rodrigues I just, I just don’t get it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Apparently no one else in the league needs any of these defensemen 

It really is incredible.

Out of those pairings I think I sit Risto and Bogo but tough to do if you’re trying to move Risto.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I would love to sit McCabe and Risto for 2 games and see what happens.

Just from a pure analytical stand point the team should be better.

Just want to see if that is true or not.

As a scientific experiment this intrigues me too.

With all the emphasis on how a defenceman moves pucks, I find analysts seem to overlook their ability to win or prevent access to pucks. 

Coaches, however, still seem to put a lot of emphasis on the latter when they strategize about defending, which is why three in a row have given Risto the hardest minutes.

So it would be very interesting to me to observe how effective Montour, Miller and Dahlin would be playing the roles that have been typically given McCabe, Bogo and Risto.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Vesey can’t score with Jack and Sam I will be amazed. Amazed at why he is still here. A package deal with Sobotka could get us a new bag of pucks to practice hitting the net. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

If Vesey can’t score with Jack and Sam I will be amazed. Amazed at why he is still here. A package deal with Sobotka could get us a new bag of pucks to practice hitting the net. 

If that trade were to come to be, would practicing hitting the net with the new bag of pucks get us out of the bottom???  This ole boy thinks not

And still not a Vesey fan. ..we continue to miss Sobotka at the dot fwiw. . .

go Sabres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

If that trade were to come to be, would practicing hitting the net with the new bag of pucks get us out of the bottom???  This ole boy thinks not

And still not a Vesey fan. ..we continue to miss Sobotka at the dot fwiw. . .

go Sabres

Actually hitting the net would probably get us outta the bottom. Ya know more shots on net gives you a better chance scoring than missing the net does. I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Actually hitting the net would probably get us outta the bottom. Ya know more shots on net gives you a better chance scoring than missing the net does. I think.

brilliant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...