Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

If anything this helps the Risto Trade Market, out of the potential trade destinations for him, Tampa was the least likely landing spot.

Had he signed with Winnipeg or Anaheim that would change his market more dramatically. Also @darksabre Vogl mentioned for the first time Anaheim as a potential trade partner. You are on to something. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think so too, but was that the case last year?

(I personally can’t stand Drouin, because he epitomizes the type of player I hate, so I wasn’t sure if that was an objective opinion.)

William's surface stats last year are 100% a reflection of bad bounces and jumping into a season after not playing hockey for 8 months, while everyone else was in midseason mode. He was back to dominating the puck by the end of it. He maximizes Matthews more than any other winger on the team. He's got a sort of "attitude" issue that nobody can concretely define and point to objective evidence of, but it's the kind of thing that makes a coach like Babcock angry. Drouin has it too though, and in Willy's case, the fact that he owns the puck and funnels dangerous chances into the other goalie's mouth is worth it. 

Drouin is less capable of positively affecting his entire team's play, and is more of a puck-hog, one-shot-and-done off the rush kind of player. 

43 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't think they were ever interested in him anyway. The only reason Tampa was ever in this conversation was because the fans saw shiny things they liked on Tampa's roster.

There were blue checkmark reports at the deadline that they were among the most interested in Rasmus IIRC. 

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

William's surface stats last year are 100% a reflection of bad bounces and jumping into a season after not playing hockey for 8 months, while everyone else was in midseason mode. He was back to dominating the puck by the end of it. He maximizes Matthews more than any other winger on the team. He's got a sort of "attitude" issue that nobody can concretely define and point to objective evidence of, but it's the kind of thing that makes a coach like Babcock angry. Drouin has it too though, and in Willy's case, the fact that he owns the puck and funnels dangerous chances into the other goalie's mouth is worth it. 

Drouin is less capable of positively affecting his entire team's play, and is more of a puck-hog, one-shot-and-done off the rush kind of player. 

There were blue checkmark reports at the deadline that they were among the most interested in Rasmus IIRC. 

Blue checkmarks ain't *****.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Blue checkmarks ain't *****.

Try telling that to them. Most entitled/annoying people that ever exist

Anyways, to quote a man I absolutely hate, we're on to Cincinnati (or in this case Winnpeg/Anaheim)

19 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Wait, what did Dubas screw up with Nylander? That contract is fantastic unless you think he went from being Marner’s statistical twin for two season to a 40-point player in one season. 

More referring to the order of negotiations. Nylander holdout setting a precedent Marner may be willing to follow, but for more $. 

Saving Marner for last is his big error. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If anything this helps the Risto Trade Market, out of the potential trade destinations for him, Tampa was the least likely landing spot.

Had he signed with Winnipeg or Anaheim that would change his market more dramatically. Also @darksabre Vogl mentioned for the first time Anaheim as a potential trade partner. You are on to something. 

"Yer a Wizard, Dark."

• Haha (+1) 3