Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

New Gold Alternate 3rds

Jersey opinion  

99 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you like it?

  2. 2. Will you buy one?



Recommended Posts

Give me that level of detail in the crest next year too. Looks so cool. Might not play well in white, though, I suppose.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shrader said:

I hope it gets to live on beyond just this year as a third jersey. That will give some people the home whites they want for at least a few nights. 

You wonder why the NHL doesn't allow 3rd and 4th jerseys. That tied to the goat head for alternates would be fun. 

Limiting jersey configurations just seems like a lost chance at more money. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

You wonder why the NHL doesn't allow 3rd and 4th jerseys. That tied to the goat head for alternates would be fun. 

Limiting jersey configurations just seems like a lost chance at more money. 

yeah, in the EPL teams literally get entirely new kits every year. Home, Away, and Third. It lets them go crazy with the thirds, too colorwise. I don't know if I want stuff to change THAT much, but it seems dumb that they restrict it as much as they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That alternate 50 kit is right spiffing. Full marks.

1 minute ago, sabills said:

yeah, in the EPL teams literally get entirely new kits every year. Home, Away, and Third. It lets them go crazy with the thirds, too colorwise. I don't know if I want stuff to change THAT much, but it seems dumb that they restrict it as much as they do.

There's a fair amount of cross-pollination that's happening between NA and Europe in terms of pro sports. Almost all of the elements being borrowed and adopted have to do with increasing revenues. I therefore expect some NA leagues to get into that business of tweaking the kits every year, and going crazy with a 3rd kit every year as well. Too much money to be made to avoid it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That alternate 50 kit is right spiffing. Full marks.

There's a fair amount of cross-pollination that's happening between NA and Europe in terms of pro sports. Almost all of the elements being borrowed and adopted have to do with increasing revenues. I therefore expect some NA leagues to get into that business of tweaking the kits every year, and going crazy with a 3rd kit every year as well. Too much money to be made to avoid it.

True, true, but let me make this counter point:

No one gets in their own way quite like the NHL.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Absolutely beautiful.

And the us meetup folks get to see the Blackhawks' red. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

InbornUnknownFlounder-small.gif

 

That thing is frickin' ugly. I do not...repeat: DO NOT...like the gold treatment at all. The only thing cool is the white gloves.  

I think people are still hungover from the Royal Blue punch being served up yesterday.  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad they went blue pants instead of white. I'm all about the contrasting top and bottom colors. All one color tends to look like pajamas.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, shrader said:

I hope it gets to live on beyond just this year as a third jersey. That will give some people the home whites they want for at least a few nights. 

I wonder if the whites next year will at least follow this design, if not the shade of gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Zahir said:

It's a mild shock that this isn't completely awful.

I disagree, it is completely awful.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Embrace it. It’s gorgeous. It’s OK to say it.

I think it is the most ugly Buffalo ever.  Really, who has ever heard of a gold coloured Buffalo.

Really, this is terrible.  NS does not approve, but that does not matter.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone notice that of the 13 games they'll wear these jerseys, all the original 6 teams are on that schedule and New Jersey is on it (twice??) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pi2000 said:

Why not a few road games?

Pretty sure you can't wear alternates on the road per NHL rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sabills said:

I'm glad they went blue pants instead of white. I'm all about the contrasting top and bottom colors. All one color tends to look like pajamas.

You want white breezers with blue sweaters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ... said:

InbornUnknownFlounder-small.gif

 

That thing is frickin' ugly. I do not...repeat: DO NOT...like the gold treatment at all. The only thing cool is the white gloves.  

I think people are still hungover from the Royal Blue punch being served up yesterday.  

Which is EXACTLY why they announced the Royal yesterday......

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I disagree, it is completely awful.

I think it is the most ugly Buffalo ever.  Really, who has ever heard of a gold coloured Buffalo.

Really, this is terrible.  NS does not approve, but that does not matter.

DANG, and I thought your Sandinista take was bad!!!  😋😋😋

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I don't like the fake laces.

Edited by Eleven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't love these but they're also not a complete embarrassment, so that's progress for the organization. Not that I ever buy any of these jerseys, so what the hell does my opinion matter?


Looking forward to the royal blue.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I loved it back when the original "leak" happened. And while I'm happy they announced royal blues, we kinda knew they were going back to them for a couple years now.

These are just beautiful jerseys, that's all there is to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have to go to the Sabres Store to preorder or can it be online?  I’m in virginia but my son and I want one.  Also, do we know how much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I mean, I loved it back when the original "leak" happened. And while I'm happy they announced royal blues, we kinda knew they were going back to them for a couple years now.

These are just beautiful jerseys, that's all there is to it. 

Sir, please don't ever ask to design my kitchen.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...