Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

PICK 143 LW Filip Cederqvist

Looks like a very reasonable late rd pick with upside and the ability to let him develop slowly.  See Olofsson.

• Like (+1) 2

Kid has a ton of skill. Is a good goalscorer and fun to watch. Has a nice hard wrist shot with a good release and good power. Decent hockey IQ & didnt shy away from physical play.

Has decent size too at 6'1 187 lbs

1 hour ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

Botterill should have been fired immediately for this pick.

I agree. I can’t believe it. I didn’t have Filip this high on my draft board. 

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Meh

Did you have a better idea with that pick?

6 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Did you have a better idea with that pick?

Nope, not unless it was a trade chip in a deal of some sort to impact the actual roster now. 

Clever pick. Age matters and it's smart to draft overagers in later rounds. It's clever to take 1 with a late August or early September birthday. You're getting a player who just had their 18 yr old season but you've gotten actually another year of evaluation on them. No guarantee it will work out but clever. 

1 month older than Lavoie. 4 rounds later. Not comparing them directly, just noting the age difference. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Clever pick. Age matters and it's smart to draft overagers in later rounds. It's clever to take 1 with a late August or early September birthday. You're getting a player who just had their 18 yr old season but you've gotten actually another year of evaluation on them. No guarantee it will work out but clever. 

1 month older than Lavoie. 4 rounds later. Not comparing them directly, just noting the age difference. 

will be interesting to see if this strategy works out and if any late bloomers work out

20 hours ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

Botterill should have been fired immediately for this pick.

Uhm, right.  Keep smoking up!    Unless this is sarcasm.  I like the pick.  Even though we could have had him potentially last year at the same pick we traded to Toronto for the 2019 pick we used to trade up and get him.  I don't mind it at all, as he progressed and jumped to the SHL from Swedish Jr.  

This Cedricqvist guy was a good seeker for Hufflepuff and actually beat Harry one time so I feel it's a promising pick. I'm sure he has a TON of good years ahead of him. 

7 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Uhm, right.  Keep smoking up!    Unless this is sarcasm.  I like the pick.  Even though we could have had him potentially last year at the same pick we traded to Toronto for the 2019 pick we used to trade up and get him.  I don't mind it at all, as he progressed and jumped to the SHL from Swedish Jr.  

He was joking.