NEXT COACH should be? mega thread ...

Zamboni

17 hours ago, Thorny said:

I think this is what happens. 

I hope not, Keefe I could deal with but not Babs. I don't think Babs would like it either.

Just a thought but, we are the laughing stock of the NHL right now and Babs turned us down for TO. Wouldn't that be embarrassing for both sides? Babs must be thinking right now that maybe the better choice would have been Buffalo because there would be less scrutiny when he at least got us to the playoffs. Making that choice now would be admitting he was wrong in his choice. Also, if he doesn't have success here it would just be another strike on his resume for the next time.

Buffalo would be just walking the line of "settling" for the lesser of the evils. I don't want someone who didn't want us before when we needed them.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s called ... “hey anything that has the Sabres Twitter tag attached to it must be true or worthy of discussion so it gets posted and retweeted ad nauseam”.

end result ... a good chuck of people then think it has merit. profit.

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

It’s called ... “hey anything that has the Sabres Twitter tag attached to it must be true or worthy of discussion so it gets posted and retweeted ad nauseam”.

i definitely want people to continue posting anything and everything coming from reputable reporters on the sabres front but this is still accurate.

and the ultimate end result is, even if we don’t mind the final hire, we likely have a bit of a bad taste about the search. even if it’s just subconsciously bad feelings linger. it’s like when you get these stupid draft grades early. a ton of people hated the running back pick for the bills and they won’t remember that much if he has a great career in buffalo, but the negative feeling still happened senselessly and will live on.

9 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Spoiled alert, we discuss things on a message board 

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Spoiled alert, we discuss things on a message board 

Haha 

i know that. But you have to admit, anyone with a twitter account can say anything and if it has a Sabres tag to it, a good chunk of people believe it has merit. 

Which my comment had nothing to do with discussing things on a message board. Discuss away to our hearts content. No harm in that. 

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Hate is a terrible word and wasted emotion.  So, no.  I just don't like, or agree with, anything he ever says.

nor have i ever seen his little “source” tweets bear any fruit

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Hate is a terrible word and wasted emotion.  So, no.  I just don't like, or agree with, anything he ever says.

You'll like his little brother, Brayten. Seriously, I listened one day for half an hour and thought I was listening to Jeremy. Then I thought he sounded a little off, maybe had a cold. Then I realized it wasn't Jeremy. It's all about the use of the voice as a cudgel on the listener, like how a frat boy would tell a nerd to go get him a bag of chips. I blame Jim Rome for starting this phenomenon.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

It's the name Todd, isn't it?

George Carlin did a great bit on names once.  Soft names = soft people.  Solid names = solid people.

Todd was one of the soft names, along with names like "Dillon" and "Tyler" and "Jordan" and "Flynn" etc.  

Ah here it is!!!

"Todd. It's a goofy f-ing name."  LOL

• Like (+1) 2

I do find it interesting that we have not hired or got any real word of interviews other than the one who LA hired. Not that I think there's any rush. Could this indicate possibly candidates still in playoffs? If so would seem it would be assistant coaches as I doubt any head coaches still in playoffs are in any jeopardy. If JBOT has conducted multiple interviews he's certainly managed to hide it well.

15 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

They're waiting until St. Louis is eliminated so they can talk to Steve Ott.

Or Dallas and Stu Barnes?

In all seriousness, i think Todd Richards is a pretty solid choice. Fills in all the blanks. NHL experience, good communicator, plays up tempo offensive style, and has a track record of running some really good power plays. I wouldn't say he would be on the top of my list but he's atleast interesting.