GDT Sabres at The Islanders 7pm MSG

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The kids look a lot less ready against an inspired NY playoff team  than a Detroit squad playing out the string.

Sam Reinhart has stunk for at least a month now.

True. Skinner has also failed to produce. Jack's season is puttering to a close. We need to get more than 75-80 points for a 10 million dollar player. 

--

This is what it looks like when a coach that everyone knows is getting fired is kept on to finish out the season based on "respect". 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Seriously, to those who defended keeping Phil, I truly cannot understand that. #### the optics! He has definitely lost this team. You have to seriously question keeping him after season's end. They will not or cannot play for him and you can't scrub all the players. Sorry  it didn't work out Phil but you've got to go. Wow this is a ####show of a club now. They're going to run the table to close out the season, only not in a good way. 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Our PK has dropped more than 10 spots in the rankings in three weeks.

Think about that, those who are eager to dump McCabe and Bogosian.

I don't know if Risto is good or not...I"m not that skilled in evaluating talent. What I DO know is he is on the ice for a TON of goals...and a lot of times I do see him looking the other way when he is near the eventual goal scorer. Even if he is better than I think, I'm frustrated with him and want him gone.

With that said...I'd like to see the D-unit kept pretty simple.  Pairings should be 1 young, fast skating, puck moving D-man paired with one stay-at-home type veteran guy.  I'd be happy next year with Bogo and McCabe (if re-signed) being 2 of those 3 in the 'stay at home' role.

1 minute ago, ... said:

Didn't Phil say sometime before this season started that the team had to un-learn bad habits? What happened with that?

and to start games on time. We saw glimpses of that early on but that disappeared after Christmas as well.

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I've seen enough.  See you next year.

Almost everything we watch on TV is streaming now...except for the Sabres.  2 or 3 weeks ago I had enough and dropped the cable package.  I'll wait until well into next season (maybe after Jan 1, 2020) to decide on whether or not to get cable back for the Sabres.  I'm reading the forum and watching the highlights (low-lights) online, but I'm done watching and have been for a couple weeks.

Edited by mjd1001

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't know if Risto is good or not...I"m not that skilled in evaluating talent. What I DO know is he is on the ice for a TON of goals...and a lot of times I do see him looking the other way when he is near the eventual goal scorer. Even if he is better than I think, I'm frustrated with him and want him gone.

With that said...I'd like to see the D-unit kept pretty simple.  Pairings should be 1 young, fast skating, puck moving D-man paired with one stay-at-home type veteran guy.  I'd be happy next year with Bogo and McCabe (if re-signed) being 2 of those 3 in the 'stay at home' role.

This team has been chasing the puck in the defensive zone for the last 7 or 8 years.  They need a coach who can teach defensive positional responsibility.  The Islanders found a coach who is able to do that, the Sabres need an old-school guy, for at least a couple of season to drill fundamentals into the young guys.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ... said:

Didn't Phil say sometime before this season started that the team had to un-learn bad habits? What happened with that?

He also said after the Bruins game shutout, "This is NOT going to happen again this year."  Sure, Phil.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.