GDT - Sabres @ Leafs 3-2-19 @ 7pm

CallawaySabres

31 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Oh well I'm going out for a beer, maybe I'll be back later who knows ?

*sigh* At my age "going out for a beer" consists of heading to the fridge in the garage lol

Don't be gone long, you might miss an exciting win...………………………….or a whine fest the likes of which haven't been seen since...…………...2 games ago was it? ?

Enjoy your beer ?

6 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Eh I've got no problem with this.  Hutton has struggled a bit lately (including last leaf game) and I thought Ullmark looked good against Pitt. 

I have no problem with Ullmark getting more of the load, but starting goalies on back to backs is almost always a bad idea. 

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

I have no problem with Ullmark getting more of the load, but starting goalies on back to backs is almost always a bad idea. 

Maybe.  I have no idea the stats because 99 percent of the time a coach will split the games.  Is it really poor if the same guy goes back to back?  Legit asking.  Not sure if there is a stat out there or not.

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

This would be the perfect time to finally win two in a row again. The only team I hate more than Toronto is Boston. Kick some arse boys

Dare to dream Sabres fans!  We can win 2 in a row!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Maybe.  I have no idea the stats because 99 percent of the time a coach will split the games.  Is it really poor if the same guy goes back to back?  Legit asking.  Not sure if there is a stat out there or not.

Yup. About .10 drop in save percentage for game #2. 

14 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yup. About .10 drop in save percentage for game #2. 

Math, drath.  

Phil likes to go with whoever "has the hot hand" and other hockey-oriented wives tales that he has heard for his entire life around the game.

The thing is, Phil is new to the HC ranks of the NHL, but he is not really young.  He is from the old school and in that sense does not represent where this sport is going in the future.

The dichotomy between organizations following the data and those doing it the old way is really interesting to me, b/c a genuine competitive advantage is there to be had right now by the organizations that get it.

Eventually, everyone will catch up, everyone will follow the numbers, and that competitive advantage will disappear forever.

Unfortunately, we are on the wrong side of the equation at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Math, drath.  

Phil likes to go with whoever "has the hot hand" and other hockey-oriented wives tales that he has heard for his entire life around the game.

The thing is, Phil is new to the HC ranks of the NHL, but he is not really young.  He is from the old school and in that sense does not represent where this sport is going in the future.

The dichotomy between organizations following the data and those doing it the old way is really interesting to me, b/c a genuine competitive advantage is there to be had right now by the organizations that get it.

Eventually, everyone will catch up, everyone will follow the numbers, and that competitive advantage will disappear forever.

While I've seen much criticism of how he may or may not utilize advanced stats in his game plans/lines/etc., haven't people usually praised the system he uses as being good for the "modern" NHL?

4 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Math, drath.  

You're a living advert for Zoloft.

50 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Isn’t starting the same goalie on both ends of a back to back unusual for Phil?

I thought he usually alternated.

1 minute ago, ... said:

Made a nice, olde skool meatloaf and mashed potatoes dinner with a local IPA. Now I have the fire going and a fresh cup of coffee with the game on the big TV. Hope they win.

Life doesn't get much better than that, my friend.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.