GDT Calgary Flames vs Buffalo Sabres 7pm ET 10/30/2018

jsb

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I mean my blood is pumping too, real easy to slip up. Sh*t happens and you're not a bad person 

Such highs, such lows. i am also elevated blood pressure disappointed. Time to back away from the keyboard...

See all you Sabre spacers here later.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Ristolainen is a retard 

From YOU?

14 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This place seems like it’ll be joyful for the next few days

SabreSpace will be FINE.

14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

***** that was awful. Jack, you we're awful

Jack will be FINE.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Hutton chirping the media guys in postgame. 

This, I need to hear tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

They can be mad. It's probably the first time I've used that word in years. My Aunt has Downs and I don't care for it either. But holy cow, Risto is DUMB. 

Fair enough.  I was surprised it came from you.  F*ck it we all slip up.

What are they saying to each other between periods?

Why can't the coach get this team motivated after the 1st period?

They came out unchanged and just as undisciplined as they did the previous period.

"Coasting." That is the one word that came to mind throughout this game.

If John Tortorella was coaching this team, they would've come out a different team in the 2nd period.

Edited by hockeyhound

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Got a quote or nah? I know Brawndo will come through if it makes it to twitter

They were asking him if he felt like he played better than he did in "those other games" and he was basically like "I don't know where you guys get your opinions" 

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Fair enough.  I was surprised it came from you.  F*ck it we all slip up.

It is what it is. You won't hear it from me ever again. But I don't know what else to call Risto that accurately lends enough gravity to just how dumb he is. 

Just now, hockeyhound said:

What are they saying to each other between periods?

Why can't the coach get this team motivated after the 1st period?

What did they say to each other before the third period on Saturday?  Did the coach get them motivated or no?

This was a crappy game, to be sure.  I mean, it was deadass boring no matter which team you root for.  But is it necessarily symptomatic of a larger problem?

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

They were asking him if he felt like he played better than he did in "those other games" and he was basically like "I don't know where you guys get your opinions" 

It is what it is. You won't hear it from me ever again. But I don't know what else to call Risto that accurately lends enough gravity to just how dumb he is. 

Bogosian. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

They can be mad. It's probably the first time I've used that word in years. My Aunt has Downs and I don't care for it either. But holy cow, Risto is DUMB. 

I wasn't even mad, although it was something of an insult to my daughter, cuz even she would have had the sense to pass the puck there.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

These would be my 3v3 OT combos with our current roster structure:

Jack, Jeff, Dahlin
if we've reached this point and haven't scored, we probably lose
Casey, Sam, Bogosian
Back to Jack, brief life
definitely lost if we need to get to here

I'm pretty convinced that if we traded Risto for something and put Pilut into our top 6 the unit as a whole would be better, which is why I posted about trading Risto all summer

When others come up, I'd do 
Jack, Nylander, Dahlin
Casey, Skinner, Pilut

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Bogosian. 

I'm just gonna say it....

Bogosian is playing a smarter brand of hockey this season than Risto 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jack, Jeff, Dahlin
Casey, Sam, Bogosian
Back to Jack, brief life

I'm pretty convinced that if we traded Risto for something and put Pilut into our top 6 the unit as a whole would be better, which is why I posted about trading Risto all summer

Jack, Nylander, Dahlin
Casey, Skinner, Pilut

You're not wrong, but I'm still kicking you out of the Bunker if you repeat this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

What did they say to each other before the third period on Saturday?  Did the coach get them motivated or no?

This was a crappy game, to be sure.  I mean, it was deadass boring no matter which team you root for.  But is it necessarily symptomatic of a larger problem?

I'm not sure what to think about this team right now. Part of me says yes they're a different team and they learned from last years mistakes.

However, after watching tonights game you can't help but be concerned.

I want to be optimistic and positive but, these kinds of games just open up old wounds, and leave me scratching my head. Wow.

None the less, Let's Go Buffalo! We're with you during the good, the bad, and the ugly. Go Sabres!

I think it's important that these guys get as pissed as we are, but more, and then channel that into their preparation, to take it all out on the Otters. Too often in the past they get grumpy and play all aloof and uncaring after an effort like this, like when I screwed up in HS, got deservedly reprimanded by my parents, and then acted like an indignant clown for a week, huffing about like I was in the right and "taking the high road"

That's probably a ridiculous metaphor but it fits the vibe I get from the Sabres of recent years so much 

All I mean is, let's see this "locker room culture change" in action on Thursday boys, eh? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jack, Jeff, Dahlin
Casey, Sam, Bogosian
Back to Jack, brief life

Jack, Nylander, Dahlin
Casey, Skinner, Pilut

I might go Sheary rather than Mittelstadt on that 2nd 3 man unit, but agree w/ keeping Ristolainen off the ice 3v3.  Had really hoped Dahlin would be the 4th to start OT.

And agree w/ everyone else that it was very likely the Sabres would lose when he took that puck into the corner.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

I might go Sheary rather than Mittelstadt on that 2nd 3 man unit, but agree w/ keeping Ristolainen off the ice 3v3.  Had really hoped Dahlin would be the 4th to start OT.

And agree w/ everyone else that it was very likely the Sabres would lose when he took that puck into the corner.

Dahlin created the only dangerous scoring chance we got in the 3rd or OT, that pass to Sheary. He got the only clean PP zone entry, despite that unit getting only ~40 seconds. We would have won that game if he had been on the first unit, and those passes were finding Jack or Sam rather than one of our worst players since game 5. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Dahlin created the only scoring chance we got in the 3rd or OT, that pass to Sheary. He got the only clean PP zone entry. We would have won that game if he had been on the first unit, and those passes were finding Jack or Sam rather than one of our worst players since game 5. 

I would like to see Dahlin carry the puck all the way up the ice on the PP instead of gaining all that momentum only to make a no-look drop pass.

They drafted the guy because he can carry a puck up ice and make amazing play's in and through the opposing player's.

Just let the kid fly, He's got skills.

Edited by hockeyhound
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.