GDT Calgary Flames vs Buffalo Sabres 7pm ET 10/30/2018

jsb

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's hard for me to square your hatred of being out-corsi'd as a team with your unwavering belief in the guy who's consistently been the reason that happens ?

Honestly I think a lot of it is I don't know what a good defender should really look like. When's the last time the Sabres had one of those? Long before I was actually studying the game instead of just watching it, that's for sure. And other than the playoffs, I just don't have the time to watch other games that much. 

Maybe that will be my hockey resolution: watch Risto more closely 

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I think eventually Risto settles in as a solid #2 pairing guy that can drive that pair, and Dahlin gets some other d-partner to play with. Maybe Pilut or Guhle or someone else

I think that is about right for Risto.  Not sure the long-term partner for the other Rasmus is here yet.

Upon further review the only thing that makes me a little uneasy about tonight's game are the changes to 2 out of 3 of our past games D - pairings.  

Yeah I agree its pretty cool to see Rasmus squared together however it does take sometime for tendencies and timing to work together . That with the also new Nelson Baloo combo is just 1 change too many for my liking when they had been playing well. 

We shall see what we shall see so hears to hoping Rasmus squared beats the power of Johnny Hockey.      

1 minute ago, jsb said:

His wife had a baby which is why he missed the last game, Thompson had an assist as his replacement so he's probably getting a 2nd game

I don't understand their handling of Thomspon.  He should be in Rochester.

I wonder what Jack has left in the tank for tonight. Played Saturday night, Sox won the Series Sunday night, Pats in town last night and there was a Halloween party in there somewhere where Jack was a Raisinet and kept agreeing to do those big leg kicks until Dahlin had to tell him people were thinking of the Rockettes. (Source: my cousin dates a detailer at Basil.)

• Haha (+1) 3

Watched the Calgary/Toronto game last night. 

Calgary played much better than I assumed given their standings in their division. It was a zero/zero game going into the third so there is a very good possibility that this is a low scoring affair.

Should be a fun game. Calgary is fun to watch and should have some good scoring chances by both teams.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:
Paul HamiltonVerified account @pham1717 1m1 minute ago
The Sabres have averaged 41.7 shots over the past three games. Their previous high was 32 on opening night.

Bout fin time and that has been part of the reason they are fun to watch. Scoring just under 10% rate.  Be nice if that rate jumped up a bit and they still put that many shots or more on net.

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Bout fin time and that has been part of the reason they are fun to watch. Scoring just under 10% rate.  Be nice if that rate jumped up a bit and they still put that many shots or more on net.

10% is a good sh% if that's what they have. I haven't looked recently. 

15 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Last season Buffalo was tied for last in the entire NHL with a 7.7sh%. That is abysmally bad. This year they are currently tied for 22nd with 9.0sh%. The league average is... 9.85% and the league save % is 0.902% 

Basically we are doing okay but can be better. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Last season Buffalo was tied for last in the entire NHL with a 7.7sh%. That is abysmally bad. This year they are currently tied for 22nd with 9.0sh%. The league average is... 9.85% and the league save % is 0.902% 

Basically we are doing okay but can be better. 

Upgrading the bottom 6 with better skilled shooters will help.   

Larsson at 8.5% and Girgenson is 7.6% over the past 5 years.

Rodrigues at 7%.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.