GDT 10-21-18 Sabres vs Anaheim 8pm ET

jsb

Amazing finish to a very hard road trip.  Housley and this team won some respect tonight.  The team is back over 500.  Wow!

1) Finished the road trip 3-2.

2) Won back to back on the road on the West Coast and at the end of a five game roadie.  

3) Someone else in addition to Jack's line scored.  I thought Casey had a very good game

4) I love the style they played tonight and last.  Aggressive, Aggressive and more Aggressive.  

5) Hutton raised his game.  Having a 1 A & B might be a good thing.

6) I'm going to eat a little crow.  Bogo has been pretty solid the last few nights.  I think his physical game and willingness to drop the gloves has really helped.  Now stay healthy.

7) First comeback win by any team the Sabres have played or by the Sabres.  Crawling out of a 2-0 deceit on the road is an amazing result.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yes, in the sense that we all know Eich can dog it from time to time.  Skinner won't let him do that, ever.

Yes exactly, and Eichel doesn't strike me as someone who likes to look bad.

Skinner also has the kind of game Eichel has to respect, he has someone on his level.

Edited by hockeyhound

Just now, Doohickie said:

Yes, in the sense that we all know Eich can dog it from time to time.  Skinner won't let him do that, ever.

I wonder if he dogged it, or succumbed to frustration?   Skinner gives him an equal in offensive skill and thinking to play off of.  He has to feel liberated.

• Like (+1) 1

That first period had a bit of a teeter to it, to me, it was a period where you were happy with the effort but last year would have easily taken a turn for the worse. These guys didn't let that get into their heads and kept bringing it. That's the attitude that seasons like last year can suck out, and it's so important that they finished it off, because they're going to believe in themselves more and more as games like this pile up. 

Even when all three Cali teams are bad (and they never really are) this is an incredibly hard road trip for any team. They finished a point better at the end than I was hoping for. Just keep it coming and keep Mitts, Scandy, Reino, guys we anticipate waves of improvement from, working at it. Hopefully Bogo can stay healthy. 

I can't wait until Pilut and co play their way up here. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

With every Skinner goal, my hatred grows. The fact I have to cheer for the success of a hated player makes it so.

Anyway, that was just a good, solid win. 

I used to hate it when Skinner was playing for Carolina and he got the puck on his stick at the end of a close game with the Sabres because it never turned out well for us.

He would kill us.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.