Sabres Goal Horn and Siren?

LGR4GM

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I would love a loud, old-fashioned buzzer.  I think that's pretty demoralizing.

I've been to Sabres games in Dallas.  When the Stars score it's totally demoralizing to the opponents and their fans.  Here's a video.  For whatever reason the horn and the recorded stuff sounds 1/10 as loud as it does in real life.

(At this point I'm not even concerned with the playoffs.  I just want to see the Sabres win in Dallas for a change.)

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I've been to Sabres games in Dallas.  When the Stars score it's totally demoralizing to the opponents and their fans.  Here's a video.  For whatever reason the horn and the recorded stuff sounds 1/10 as loud as it does in real life.

(At this point I'm not even concerned with the playoffs.  I just want to see the Sabres win in Dallas for a change.)

Life in DC ain’t so different. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I'm fine with the current setup.  I like the goal song.

What I always missed was RJ's goal call replay.  That was the best.  Of course now he's not calling every game and you really need something iconic like RJ's calls... Dunleavy just wouldn't be the same.

I hate the goal song, Just play the horn and the siren as loud as possible, stop with all the BS in between play and commercials, get the crowd back into it like the 70s 80's 90's and 2000's not like the past 10 years.  It's a joke....

• Thanks (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Skurk Liger said:

So WGR550 just brought up changing the goal song and also questioned what happened to the Siren that used to play after players scored along with the horn. Do we need a new goal song? Should the siren come back?

The "Somebody make some noise in this joint" era didn't work out.  I'd love it if they went back to what they had before, or to Song 2, or to Jeremy White's "Swords of a 1000 Men" idea, or something else.  Happy to push for a fresh start for the team in every way possible.

1 hour ago, Robviously said:

The "Somebody make some noise in this joint" era didn't work out.  I'd love it if they went back to what they had before, or to Song 2, or to Jeremy White's "Swords of a 1000 Men" idea, or something else.  Happy to push for a fresh start for the team in every way possible.

Is that more because the latest goal song is associated with the worst era in Sabres history, and such we didn't have many goals to celebrate? Was Song 2 really a better goal song or was it just associated with the era of a much better team and we are all nostalgic for that success again?

2 hours ago, stenbaro said:

I hate the goal song, Just play the horn and the siren as loud as possible, stop with all the BS in between play and commercials, get the crowd back into it like the 70s 80's 90's and 2000's not like the past 10 years.  It's a joke....

This.....

5 hours ago, stenbaro said:

The Whalers had the best goal song... brass something or other.  

But yeah, I agree, get rid of the goal song and sound a siren or whatever... touchdowns tho.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.