Sabres Goal Horn and Siren?

LGR4GM

On 7/5/2018 at 10:06 AM, Doohickie said:

I've been to Sabres games in Dallas.  When the Stars score it's totally demoralizing to the opponents and their fans.  Here's a video.  For whatever reason the horn and the recorded stuff sounds 1/10 as loud as it does in real life.

(At this point I'm not even concerned with the playoffs.  I just want to see the Sabres win in Dallas for a change.)

It took decades for me to witness a Sabres win, live in person, over here where I live (ok, the Jets weren't a thing here for a while in between, but still). 

The game played on January 10, 2016 will always hold a special place in my heart. 

Edited by Thorny

8 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Is that more because the latest goal song is associated with the worst era in Sabres history, and such we didn't have many goals to celebrate? Was Song 2 really a better goal song or was it just associated with the era of a much better team and we are all nostalgic for that success again?

Yes.

I guess I'm just an old geezer but I detest all this blaring music. In restaurants or hockey arenas. Blow a horn okay. Is it unbearable to have silence at times without filling the air with noise? Okay I've had my rant.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

It took decades for me to witness a Sabres win, live in person, over here where I live (ok, the Jets weren't a thing here for a while in between, but still). 

The game played on January 10, 2016 will always hold a special place in my heart. 

On the topic at hand, I was always partial to this as a goal song. Can definitely picture Eichel and Dahlin lining up for a high-five around the 43 second mark:

Edit - Wow, the way videos embed automatically now is super slick!

I used to love that song until one of our rivals in college used it as their goal song and they rang up a 10 spot us... bordeline PTSD when I hear that tune these days.

1 hour ago, Radar said:

I guess I'm just an old geezer but I detest all this blaring music. In restaurants or hockey arenas. Blow a horn okay. Is it unbearable to have silence at times without filling the air with noise? Okay I've had my rant.

Retro is the latest hotness (kids like it, haha)... so eventually some team is just going to have an organ player between whistles and whatnot.   

8 hours ago, pi2000 said:

The Whalers had the best goal song... brass something or other.  

But yeah, I agree, get rid of the goal song and sound a siren or whatever... touchdowns tho.

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

bonanza! 

If you're going to play that, you might as well play the Hockey Night in Canada theme song.

8 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Put on Street Fighting Man and be done with it

Actually I wouldn't mind Sympathy for the Devil and the crowd chimes in with the hooo hoooooooos.

16 hours ago, LTS said:

You can't use Gary Glitter songs anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/feb/05/gary-glitter-guilty-child-sex-offences

Pretty much took his music out of rotation.

Whenever Gary Glitter comes on at work, I always do the "who sings it and what is he in prison for?" game.

22 hours ago, SDS said:

Skimmed the article. I didn't see where you "can't" use his music - did you mean you "shouldn't" use it?

Yeah... you can use it.  When he was convicted the song pretty much went away immediately.  The court of public opinion didn't look favorably on its use. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.