Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

I don't think Baloo will be a Sabre come September. 

I think he pencils in nicely as the 7th D that Guhle and Pilut have to vault over.

I also wonder how much of the party boy ways that dogged him in Montreal have carried over.

If that's an issue, then he needs to go. He certainly played like a hangover.

More on Hoffman and how he is definitely getting traded. 

https://www.tsn.ca/hoffman-plummets-on-latest-tsn-trade-bait-board-1.1113819

I think he pencils in nicely as the 7th D that Guhle and Pilut have to vault over.

I also wonder how much of the party boy ways that dogged him in Montreal have carried over.

If that's an issue, then he needs to go. He certainly played like a hangover.

Considering Kane helped that party atmosphere I am sure that impacted his play last year. He's gonna wash out of the NHL if all he does is party. I've basically written him off. 

More on Hoffman and how he is definitely getting traded. 

https://www.tsn.ca/hoffman-plummets-on-latest-tsn-trade-bait-board-1.1113819

Considering Kane helped that party atmosphere I am sure that impacted his play last year. He's gonna wash out of the NHL if all he does is party. I've basically written him off. 

I love Hoffman's game tho... and that one-timer is elite. 

I find it hard to believe Hoffman's girlfriend would say such a thing to Karlsson's wife.    There's no proof that was her making that comment on twitter.    

I'd do a ROR for Hoffman and and pick type of deal... if JBOTs is set on moving ROR... which I think would be a mistake.

I find it hard to believe Hoffman's girlfriend would say such a thing to Karlsson's wife.    There's no proof that was her making that comment on twitter.    

He flat out said he wouldn't comment on it, not 'hey no she would never do that' or 'there's no way that's not the kind of person she is', and all of the sudden a bunch of fake accounts suspected of hers, when asked if they're hers, are deleted? And on top of that his agent knew about it since the season ended, the Sens are investigating it, AND Karlsson's wife went for the restraining order. She 1000% did that stuff

Edited by WildCard

I love Hoffman's game tho... and that one-timer is elite. 

I'd do a ROR for Hoffman and and pick type of deal... if JBOTs is set on moving ROR... which I think would be a mistake.

They're literally in court over it. It's been an ongoing problem for what appears to have been months, if not years, according to pretty much every hockey spouse in the NHL and the NHL sources who have confirmed that Ottawa and the league have known about the situation. 

You don't get to just not "believe" it. 

He flat out said he wouldn't comment on it, not 'hey no she would never do that' or 'there's no way that's not the kind of person she is', and all of the sudden a bunch of fake accounts suspected of hers, when asked if they're hers, are deleted? And on top of that his agent knew about it since the season ended, the Sens are investigating it, AND Karlsson's wife went for the restraining order. She 1000% did that stuff

CBS Sports reports that Hoffman’s statement continued, “We’ve offered to co-operate and do anything it takes to find out who is doing this, and support [the Karlssons]. Obviously this is a tough time that they’re going through, and we want to find out who is doing this, because for some reason it’s coming into our court, and it’s 150 per cent that it’s not us. We have nothing to hide. We’re willing to co-operate in any way to solve this and figure it out, and prove that it wasn’t us.”

CBS Sports reports that Hoffman’s statement continued, “We’ve offered to co-operate and do anything it takes to find out who is doing this, and support [the Karlssons]. Obviously this is a tough time that they’re going through, and we want to find out who is doing this, because for some reason it’s coming into our court, and it’s 150 per cent that it’s not us. We have nothing to hide. We’re willing to co-operate in any way to solve this and figure it out, and prove that it wasn’t us.”

Reached on Tuesday afternoon after this newspaper broke the story, Hoffman said, “There’s nothing really for me to say, at this time. That’s all I can say.”

"Oh , I should probably say something to deny this right? That's what my agent said..."

In a subsequent comment, Hoffman said, “There is a 150 per cent chance that my fiancée Monika and I are not involved in any of the accusations that have been pursued (that are) coming our way.”

"Nailed it"

Edited by WildCard

No, the Bogo Bunker does not welcome those who would buy him out. If there's anything worse than paying him millions of dollars to not play due to injury, it's paying him millions of dollars to play somewhere else.

And paying him for longer.

Let’s just let him quietly finish off his last two years here, and then that’s that.

"Oh ######, I should probably say something to deny this right? That's what my agent said..."

"Nailed it"

@SunGarrioch: UPDATED: Hoffman, fiancée deny harassing the Karlssons http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senators-extra/exclusive-hoffman-fiancee-deny-harassing-the-karlssons/

"We reached out to Erik at the end of May to try and figure this out together and privately before something like this happened,” Hoffman said. “We got nothing back.

“All of a sudden, a few days later, we see this article all over social media and all over the world. There’s a few times we’ve tried to go to them to get to the bottom of it and discuss it and see what they had to say and let us defend ourselves, but there’s been no option to do that."

@SunGarrioch: UPDATED: Hoffman, fiancée deny harassing the Karlssons http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senators-extra/exclusive-hoffman-fiancee-deny-harassing-the-karlssons/

"We reached out to Erik at the end of May to try and figure this out together and privately before something like this happened,” Hoffman said. “We got nothing back.

“All of a sudden, a few days later, we see this article all over social media and all over the world. There’s a few times we’ve tried to go to them to get to the bottom of it and discuss it and see what they had to say and let us defend ourselves, but there’s been no option to do that."

It's hard to know what to believe but unless the Hoffman's hired Some super hacker to remove their digital footprints, the trail will be there.

I can’t figure out what’s crazier: That the Hoffmans did that stuff and are denying it, or that they didn’t do it and are being falsely accused.

This is what happens when men don't talk things out like men when the wives claws are out. Not sure if its insensitive to say that but meh. Sometimes men have to sort it out instead of hiding behind they're wives skirts. 

and that might be too simple a statement. If Hoffman had absolutely no idea his wife may have been doing this then he would stand up for her but the whispers have been out there all year so...Liger you're right. It is a cluster F.

If anyone knows besides the girl, Hoffman knows. And if the girl did it, and Hoffman knows, he has got to get away from that for the sake of his career.

So there's really only one of three things going on:

1) The girl's crazy, did all those things, and has Hoffman convinced she didn't.

2) The girl's crazy, did all those things, and Hoffman's crazy for sticking with that.

3) The girl didn't do it and some crazy fan or something weirder is going on.

But by this point, it's just about too late for 1). If I were Hoffman's agent, I would have requested permission to hire a PI on this months ago. Maybe done it without permission just to protect my firm's interests.

Dreger says it is an outside option for Bozak to stay in Toronto and there is outside interest from other teams. Bozak leaving TOR is interesting, not for Buffalo to acquire just in how TOR will be structured going into next year.