Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

7 hours ago, sabills said:

SabresSpace meetup at Modo's place next year

How great is this idea?  If I can afford it, I'm in!

6 hours ago, darksabre said:

I wish I could afford those plane tickets lol 

YYZ to Iceland was really inexpensive....

18 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And Brady Tkachuk has 16 points and 9 goals in his first 14 NHL games...More goals than he had in 40 games at BU last year. What even are the Senators

So we should take Botterill’s desire to move up to take him as point in favour of his scouting acumen?

(And I know I am going to grow to hate him as a Senator)

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

So what rule is it that, for two seasons now, refs have been trying to teach players by faking them out during faceoffs? It's really, really annoying. 

Oh this goes WAY back.  I can remember that when I first started watching hockey before the Sabres even existed.  When we used to watch the Leafs play on a fuzzy TV screen picking up the Toronto channel in Cheektowaga.

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

William Nylander update:  https://streamable.com/wzcc1

That's very funny, but too bad I had to look at the ugly place.

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

How great is this idea?  If I can afford it, I'm in!

YYZ to Iceland was really inexpensive....

YHZ is even cheaper.  We are that much closer.

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Duchene's goal tonight was ridiculous. 

And Brady Tkachuk has 16 points and 9 goals in his first 14 NHL games...More goals than he had in 40 games at BU last year. What even are the Senators

The BU fans that I would talk to last year were always gushing about him, regardless of his point production.  All too often those stats are what drives the prospect discussions on the board.  I envy the people who are actually able to see these kids play instead of just seeing a bunch of box scores.

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

So we should take Botterill’s desire to move up to take him as point in favour of his scouting acumen?

(And I know I am going to grow to hate him as a Senator)

Absolutely, I remember one of the Insiders tweeted in December/January that The Sabres had Tkatchuk Number 2 on their board, behind Dahlin. 

11 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

That's very funny, but too bad I had to look at the ugly place.

YHZ is even cheaper.  We are that much closer.

No one is driving to Sunnyvale for a flight to anywhere.  YYZ is a minute or so from here.

Edited by Eleven
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Leafs are an NHL team unlike any I've ever watched. 

For me it is was the mid 80’s Euhlers when i was little, the early 90’s Pens when I was a little older, and the Hasek late 90’s Sabres when I was a teen but understood the game better. 

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

No one is driving to Sunnyvale for a flight to anywhere.  YYZ is a minute or so from here.

LOL!!  Didn't think about how the whoie lot of you would have to get here.  Maybe a bus tour?

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Leafs are an NHL team unlike any I've ever watched. 

If they are that bad why are you watching them?  Actually, why are you watching them period (insert period here) ...

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
it's very early and my typing is worst early ...
  • Like (+1) 1

Nylander still practicing with a junior club in Sweden, I know he doesn't need to actually be in Toronto to sign.

But I wonder if these two sides can live together after this season still.   And the leafs really need cap space for Matthews/Marner.

Nylander is right to think of himself though, even if he goes 'teamfriendly' on his deal, that only makes him more of a trade magnet to clear cap space.   He should get the most out of his deal he can, because the leafs most likely would trade him anyway.

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Nylander still practicing with a junior club in Sweden, I know he doesn't need to actually be in Toronto to sign.

But I wonder if these two sides can live together after this season still.   And the leafs really need cap space for Matthews/Marner.

Nylander is right to think of himself though, even if he goes 'teamfriendly' on his deal, that only makes him more of a trade magnet to clear cap space.   He should get the most out of his deal he can, because the leafs most likely would trade him anyway.

He's gonna sign with Toronto just in time and for a mid range term and year deal. Their real issue is next year when they have to pay Marner and Matthews and Reily. Marner is going to cost them $8+