Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

14 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Either you think the hit was dangerous or not. Whether the player was injured shouldn't matter. Unless your contention is that the player wasn't injured and therefore it wasn't a dangerous hit, which would be preposterously poor reasoning. 

It was probably illegal, but it wasn't dangerous. I've seen legal hits that were way more dangerous. Like, every single McCabe hit.

Just now, darksabre said:

I look forward to some Eastern conference GMs colluding to screw Toronto this summer. 

Max offersheet to Matthews followed by a big one to Marner would just make my day. 

Also, I'm very ignorant about contracts and cap stuff. But how was 6x6.9 not agreed to, like, months ago? That's completely reasonable for both.. 

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I look forward to some Eastern conference GMs colluding to screw Toronto this summer. 

I look forward to NHL GMs... doing absolutely nothing and letting them continue to build. I’ve seen nothing that makes believe NHL GMs would ever step up.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I look forward to this talk being all the rage...and not a single GM actually doing it. 

Just now, Hoss said:

I look forward to NHL GMs... doing absolutely nothing and letting them continue to build. I’ve seen nothing that makes believe NHL GMs would ever step up.

Beat me by that much. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Cap question: would you rather have one Willie Nylander or two Sam Reinharts?

Depends. Is Nylander going to have a Marner-like step forward this year? Before this season, they were statistical twins. If Nylander takes that kind of jump, I'd rather have one of him. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Depends. Is Nylander going to have a Marner-like step forward this year? Before this season, they were statistical twins. If Nylander takes that kind of jump, I'd rather have one of him. 

You could say the same about any young player.

Reinhart 2018 71/26/34/60

Nylander 2018 42/12/21/33

Reinhart’s November numbers 15/5/10/15

Toronto is looking unstoppable at this point. Obviously we'll know more after the Mathews and Marner situations get resolved this off season, but as of now, I have Toronto rated the best team in the league. And that takes in to consideration Pittsburgh, Washington and Tampa Bay. Toronto's young and just completely front end loaded. With Reilly starting to break through on defense I say they are on the cusp of a Dynasty IMO.

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

Is it possible Toronto ends up trading him anyway? That deal is pretty attractive.

Toronto may have to.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Cap question: would you rather have one Willie Nylander or two Sam Reinharts?

This will be a GREAT question in April.  I want to see what W. Nylander does.