Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

But now your insulting children/young adults who are out playing hockey for exercise, make friends, and play a game for fun.......

I'm only pointing out they're less efficient at protecting the slot than NHLers not playing for Buffalo. That's hardly an insult.

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

You’re out to lunch. Just stop.

8 hours ago, LTS said:

What you fail to understand is that your insult is to compare men to women.  The insult itself is that you are calling them women.  Which wouldn't be insulting unless you are insinuating that women are inferior and as such the men are acting like inferior women in their ability to cover the slot.

A perhaps better insult would be to compare the Leafs slot coverage to that of a 12U house hockey team.

Is it an insult to compare women hockey players to bad nhl hockey players? 

"Which wouldn't be insulting unless you are insinuating that women are inferior and as such the men are acting like inferior women in their ability to cover the slot."--yes i am insinuating that women are inferior hockey players to men. An insult to the guys not the women.

21 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

But that would be insulting children.

No, 12U house hockey players do not have the hockey sense to know what and how to cover the slot.  It's not an insult, it's just true. 

20 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

But now your insulting children/young adults who are out playing hockey for exercise, make friends, and play a game for fun.......

What I said above...  the point is, the Leafs coverage was at the level of a group of hockey players who do not have the hockey knowledge or skill to cover the slot. That's 12U house hockey. 

18 hours ago, calti said:

"Which wouldn't be insulting unless you are insinuating that women are inferior and as such the men are acting like inferior women in their ability to cover the slot."--yes i am insinuating that women are inferior hockey players to men. An insult to the guys not the women.

Yeah, you definitely don't get it.  If you watch women's hockey you'll see they've developed the skill and hockey sense to know how to cover the slot.  Your insinuation is that they have not, which is simply not true.  

The insult is to try and point out that the Leafs are bad.  You are doing so by comparing them to a group that is capable of doing what you are saying the Leafs are not capable of.

In that way you are insulting women.

4 hours ago, LTS said:

No, 12U house hockey players do not have the hockey sense to know what and how to cover the slot.  It's not an insult, it's just true. 

What I said above...  the point is, the Leafs coverage was at the level of a group of hockey players who do not have the hockey knowledge or skill to cover the slot. That's 12U house hockey. 

Yeah, you definitely don't get it.  If you watch women's hockey you'll see they've developed the skill and hockey sense to know how to cover the slot.  Your insinuation is that they have not, which is simply not true.  

The insult is to try and point out that the Leafs are bad.  You are doing so by comparing them to a group that is capable of doing what you are saying the Leafs are not capable of.

So its ok to insult men , and just not women. Got it.

19 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

So its ok to insult men , and just not women. Got it.

No just dont insult one with the other... double insult.. yeh I grew up with your terms and its tough to shake as a default.... get over it... call them wimps millenial trash whatever.  PS would take toughness of the Beauts players over a lot of the Sabres men at this point so... in todays day and age gender insults really dont apply.

9 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

No just dont insult one with the other... double insult.. yeh I grew up with your terms and its tough to shake as a default.... get over it... call them wimps millenial trash whatever.  PS would take toughness of the Beauts players over a lot of the Sabres men at this point so... in todays day and age gender insults really dont apply.

My terms.....who the F*** are you to say what terms I grew up with or current hold? Crawl back to where ever it is you came from.

I was only pointing something out and that doesn't mean I concur with either side . 

As for your comment on "gender insults really don't apply"....then why is this even a conversation? Someone must have been insulted and everything is an insult in today's day and age. 

1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

My terms.....who the F*** are you to say what terms I grew up with or current hold? Crawl back to where ever it is you came from.

I was only pointing something out and that doesn't mean I concur with either side . 

As for your comment on "gender insults really don't apply"....then why is this even a conversation? Someone must have been insulted and everything is an insult in today's day and age. 

Can you even read... I said I grew up with them and ask folks on this board... I have been called out for it too.  The reason is in the convo is because you used one.  Get a grip and take some ownership.  I still have a hard time with them because yeh they were ingrained in me and sometimes they come out without thinking about. Couple others I had to work hard to eliminate from my lexicon because they are no longer tolerated well in today's day snd age..  suggest you do the same.

PS I am just 54 year old prick that plays beer league hockey with a nasty streak.

Edited by North Buffalo

27 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Can you even read... I said I grew up with them and ask folks on this board... I have been called out for it too.  The reason is in the convo is because you used one.  Get a grip and take some ownership.  I still have a hard time with them because yeh they were ingrained in me and sometimes they come out without thinking about. Couple others I had to work hard to eliminate from my lexicon because they are no longer tolerated well in today's day snd age..  suggest you do the same.

PS I am just 54 year old prick that plays beer league hockey with a nasty streak.

Can you read is the question......I didn't start this convo and didn't insult anyone. I only responded to what was said trying to point some alternate issues with what was said.

I've got a suggestion for you.....GO F*** yourself/ 

Will the MODS please delete my account ....thank you and maybe I'll return some day when the 54yr pricks who play in beer leagues and bad attitudes are gone.

On 3/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Can you read is the question......I didn't start this convo and didn't insult anyone. I only responded to what was said trying to point some alternate issues with what was said.

I've got a suggestion for you.....GO F*** yourself/ 

Will the MODS please delete my account ....thank you and maybe I'll return some day when the 54yr pricks who play in beer leagues and bad attitudes are gone.

Dude, relax. 

On the NHL front Wings won tonight so looks like the Sabres are close to locking in 4th place... 3 more games to play... outside chance at second or third places... Devils have been playing better lately and so have the Kings.  Devils have 3 more games, Kings 4 so there is a chance...

3 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

On the NHL front Wings won tonight so looks like the Sabres are close to locking in 4th place... 3 more games to play... outside chance at second or third places... Devils have been playing better lately and so have the Kings.  Devils have 3 more games, Kings 4 so there is a chance...

With Nashville, Ottawa and @Detroit for the last 3, I can't see them winning more than Ottawa (at that's a stretch).

Edited by Tondas

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:58 AM, calti said:

I dunno about being inferior hockey players but they make good sammis for the boys.

On 3/30/2019 at 8:33 AM, LTS said:

OK you win...sheesh it was just a throwaway line....take it light brotha

During the Jets/Hawks intermission, they did a piece on that Beer league goalie that ended up playing for 14+ minutes in the third and had a shutout.

One, I can't believe that that was one year ago.

Two, It's just a great story and probably more-so because he's such a good interview.