Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Everyone in sports hates losing, everyone of these guys are competitors, only the selfish express that to the media. No need to give them even more fuel to the fire and the words he said also linger with others in the locker room, that's what creates bad environments in the first place. 

the bad environment existed before he got here

More talk of trading ROR for a top-10 pick.

If that were to come to pass, who's doing the hard work at centre for the Sabres? Seriously - who?

They would have to bring in a UFA center or trade for one. Somebody to bridge the gap for 2 years while Mittelstadt gets up to speed. 

More talk of trading ROR for a top-10 pick.

If that were to come to pass, who's doing the hard work at centre for the Sabres? Seriously - who?

Obviously Casey.  He was on a 68 point pace with Sabres last year :flirt:

I reckon so. But who?

p.s. What the hell was sweetlou doing with that trade thread?!

I am annoyed that thread was locked and not deleted outright. 

Idk who. I have not looked at UFA's in months. My focus has been on the draft and on prospects. 

Obviously Casey.  He was on a 68 point pace with Sabres last year :flirt:

L oh L.

Seriously, though. There's a possibility that this team could somehow be worse than last season if ROR were traded and the replacement plan doesn't pan out.

OTOH, if, as it is rumoured, the locker room isn't cohesive because of ROR's resentment of Eichel, then maybe there's something to be gained beyond what ROR does on the ice (which is considerable).

Seems ROR is way over valued on this board. Talk of 3rd over all is a fantasy. Just my humble opinion

It's interesting -- there seems to be a range of opinion on the matter amongst smart posters here. I'm skeptical, myself -- especially when it's talk of ROR for the 3OA+.

Seems ROR is way over valued on this board. Talk of 3rd over all is a fantasy. Just my humble opinion

Welcome.

My view is he is overvalued because I don't have to trade him. He makes this team better. Is a 60pt player and is eating top 5v5 minutes. If you want him, overpay me or buh bye. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

Welcome.

My view is he is overvalued because I don't have to trade him. He makes this team better. Is a 60pt player and is eating top 5v5 minutes. If you want him, overpay me or buh bye. 

Bingo. He's worth the 3oa+ to me. If he's not to you, then to bad. Ultimate position of strength.

I want that "contractor who doesn't want to do a job but will if you accept my gross over estimate of the work because now its worth it for me to it, I guess" payout.

Edited by sabills

With Edmonton desperate for a top tier defenseman could we get RNH and #10 for Risto and Nylander.

Montreal wants a center and I don't want to trade ROR within the division so...then flip RNH, Larsson and #10 to Montreal for #3 and Gallagher.

Then Reinhart and to Calgary for Dougie Hamilton.

ROR, Bealieu and Bogo to St. Louis for Parayko and Steen.

Sabres add Gallagher, Hamilton, Parayko, Steen and #3. (Tkachuk)

Sabres move Reinhart, Risto, Bogo, ROR, Bealieu and Nylander.

New lineup-

Steen-Eichel- Gallagher

Tkachuk- UFA (Stastny)- Okposo

Wilson- Mittelstadt- Baptiste

Girgensons- ERod- Bailey

Parayko- Hamilton

Scandella- Dahlin

McCabe- Nelson

I reckon so. But who?

p.s. What the hell was sweetlou doing with that trade thread?!

Guys just trying to have fun...We are all trying to predict scenarios that may happen.  Just playing arm chair GM and putting ideas out there to see what type of response I get from other Sabres fans.  Obviously I have no inside track or rumors.  Have fun on the boards and try not to be so uptight!!!!

Guys just trying to have fun...We are all trying to predict scenarios that may happen.  Just playing arm chair GM and putting ideas out there to see what type of response I get from other Sabres fans.  Obviously I have no inside track or rumors.  Have fun on the boards and try not to be so uptight!!!!

no. You don't start a thread with title indicating the Sabres have actually made a trade. Posting stuff in here is fine but starting a thread "Trade Alert! Sabres have traded" is not okay unless an actual trade has occurred or is about to happen. 

With Edmonton desperate for a top tier defenseman could we get RNH and #10 for Risto and Nylander.

Montreal wants a center and I don't want to trade ROR within the division so...then flip RNH, Larsson and #10 to Montreal for #3 and Gallagher.

Then Reinhart and to Calgary for Dougie Hamilton.

ROR, Bealieu and Bogo to St. Louis for Parayko and Steen.

Sabres add Gallagher, Hamilton, Parayko, Steen and #3. (Tkachuk)

Sabres move Reinhart, Risto, Bogo, ROR, Bealieu and Nylander.

New lineup-

Steen-Eichel- Gallagher

Tkachuk- UFA (Stastny)- Okposo

Wilson- Mittelstadt- Baptiste

Girgensons- ERod- Bailey

Parayko- Hamilton

Scandella- Dahlin

McCabe- Nelson

You want to do this in a trade speculation thread, no worries at all. 

no. You don't start a thread with title indicating the Sabres have actually made a trade. Posting stuff in here is fine but starting a thread "Trade Alert! Sabres have traded" is not okay unless an actual trade has occurred or is about to happen. 

Alright we don't have to yell at him, just have a mod take it down

understood.

it's just poor form to title a thread "trade alert! sabres have traded" when you're just speculating.

and i'm all for fun, and i'm not uptight.

i just don't find that sort of board behaviour to be ... fun.

not a huge deal, in any case.

More from Jeremy White’s Super Secret Source

Reinhart perhaps more likely to move this weekend than ROR. Botts pushing hard for a top 10 pick for ROR.. isn't giving him away by any means.

Endorsed!

(Although the bolded looks more like pure speculation than anything real and sourced.)

Correct.

Its called click bait...don't you know how the internet works...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.