Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Another ROR option- If the Sabres move him, I believe it will be out West.

ROR, Nylander and Bogo to Vancouver for Brandon Sutter, Brendan Leipsic, and Derek Pouliot.

Sabres get a solid #3 center, young winger and defenseman while shedding the contract of Bogo.

A perfect trade.

Per Friedman Max Pacioretty’s Name is beginning to make the rounds again in trade talks.

Florida mentioned as a possibility

I can't even imagine what Florida would give up for him that wouldn't make them the worst team in the division next year. 

If only they had a 30g winger... that they have not exposed in the expansion draft like idiots.

Maybe I am misremembering. But wasn’t their rationale that they didn’t want to lose Petrovic? A guy whose career highlight is getting whooped three times in one game by Evander. And now Florida is rumored to be shopping him? He was a healthy scratch at times last year too, I believe.

Oof

I can't even imagine what Florida would give up for him that wouldn't make them the worst team in the division next year. 

Florida or Montreal the worst team? Montreal, right?

If only they had a 30g winger... that they have not exposed in the expansion draft like idiots.

Florida tied for the most points a team has ever gotten while missing the playoffs, 96. Imagine if they hadn't given up Smith, Marchessault, and a 1st to protect...Alex Petrovic. 

Florida or Montreal the worst team? Montreal, right?

Florida tied for the most points a team has ever gotten while missing the playoffs, 96. Imagine if they hadn't given up Smith, Marchessault, and a 1st to protect...Alex Petrovic.

Which is why I always use 12 points per 10 games as the threshold to make the playoffs. Do that & pick up 1-2 points from games 81 & 82 (an NHL 0.500 or lower pace which is lower than the NHL 0.600 pace required to get 12/20) & you are GUARANTEED a playoff berth. Shooting for 93 points usually works, but not always & the math is more complex. Edited by Taro T

Per the latest Bobcast with @TSNBobMcKenzie, the Carolina Hurricanes still have interest in ROR and he believes #Sabres may have interest in Jeff Skinner

I might take some heat for this, and no way do I want Jeff to be the major part in a ROR deal, but Jeff Skinner would be Buffalo's best winger since Vanek left

Per the latest Bobcast with @TSNBobMcKenzie, the Carolina Hurricanes still have interest in ROR and he believes #Sabres may have interest in Jeff Skinner

I just don't see how this makes us better than simply sliding O'Reilly to wing. Skinner is cheaper right now, but with only one year left on his deal, that's not gonna be true for long.

I hope he's full of on this tidbit of information. Even if they sweetened the pot by giving us Faulk for Bogosian, I still don't think I'd do the deal (although I'd think harder about it).

The plus with Skinner for me to trade ROR would have to be either Aho, Slavin, or Pesce. 

I don't read that tidbit as "Sabres looking to trade ROR for Skinner". I think it's that Carolina is rightly interested in ROR and has been, and it might be true that Buffalo likes Jeff Skinner. Which is probably true. Buffalo probably likes a lot of players they wouldn't trade ROR for.

Edited by Randall Flagg

The plus with Skinner for me to trade ROR would have to be either Aho, Slavin, or Pesce.

I don't read that tidbit as "Sabres looking to trade ROR for Skinner". I think it's that Carolina is rightly interested in ROR and has been, and it might be true that Buffalo likes Jeff Skinner. Which is probably true. Buffalo probably likes a lot of players they wouldn't trade ROR for.

I think that's right.

I think Carolina would balk at any of those 3 being added. They may offer a guy like Hanifin, but I have more worries about our right side than our left. Skinner with only 1 year until UFA status doesn't move the needle for me as the main piece coming back for O'Reilly though.

Edited by Alkoholist

This is absolutely correct he mentioned Skinner would be on the move earlier in the Podcast and that the Kings are interested. He mentioned the ROR bit in the gossip section and mentioned he feels the Sabres would be interested in Skinner separately.The only time McKenzie speculated what the return would be for ROR was when he was told it by other GMs that the Sabres were looking for a Mike Richards type return.

I think Carolina would balk at any of those 3 being added. They may offer a guy like Hanifin though, but I have more worries about our right side than our left. Skinner with only 1 year until UFA status doesn't move the needle for me as the main piece coming back for O'Reilly though.

Agreed. I don't believe any team would make the trades that I would deem acceptable to move ROR.

I just don't see how this makes us better than simply sliding O'Reilly to wing. Skinner is cheaper right now, but with only one year left on his deal, that's not gonna be true for long.

Botterill at his season ending presser-“we absolutely need to get faster on the Wings.”

ROR unfortunately does not accomplish that.

I think Carolina would balk at any of those 3 being added. They may offer a guy like Hanifin, but I have more worries about our right side than our left. Skinner with only 1 year until UFA status doesn't move the needle for me as the main piece coming back for O'Reilly though.

Lindholm is a RFA, Faulk, Hanifin would be possibilities as well. Skinner could be part of the Sabres are going to pay his 7.5 Million Bonus and then trade him on July 2nd Sweetner.

Botterill at his season ending presser-“we absolutely need to get faster on the Wings.”

ROR unfortunately does not accomplish that.

Lindholm is a RFA, Faulk, Hanifin would be possibilities as well. Skinner could be part of the Sabres are going to pay his 7.5 Million Bonus and then trade him on July 2nd Sweetner.

I really hope Botterill is not blinded by the need to get faster on the wings.

Agreed. I don't believe any team would make the trades that I would deem acceptable to move ROR.

This is where I'm at. Not sure Botterill is at the same spot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.