Grading Tim Murray's Job

bob_sauve28

Is there a grade below F.  He is the worst GM is Sabres history.  He has no idea how to manage the cap, manage assets such as picks and prospects, build a roster or manage people.  His drafting was mediocre at best, his trades awful and FA signings nearly as bad.  His strategy to accelerate the rebuild was ill conceived, ill advised and poorly executed.  He destroyed the farm system and ignored the Amerks.  He clearly didn't do what he was hired to do.

Isn't it fun many of guys TM traded away because they weren't need here playing in the playoffs.

McNabb LV (after winning 2 Cups in LA)

Armia, Myers and Roslovic (1st rd pick we traded to Wpg) in Wpg

Zadorov and Compher for the Avs.

Instant gratification hockey. I see Myers was hurt again last night, though.

McNabb just has me still scratching my head. If I was a GM I'd have a rule that you never trade good defenseman because they are just impossible to replace, but that's just me. 

Is Chad Rueedal on the list, or did he just walk away with free agency? 

McNabb just has me still scratching my head. If I was a GM I'd have a rule that you never trade good defenseman because they are just impossible to replace, but that's just me. 

Maybe hurt but myers has two goals in 3 games.

All this alternate dimension stuff is too much. I'm not supporting GMTM but had Hitler won the war we'd all be speaking German. You can go back on any team in the league in hindsight and find players they could have drafted but didn't. As Georgia Blizzard says wait till his drafts either come through or don't. As for the trades they are easier to actually grade. I give him a D- as a G.M.

Really. Who doesn't communicate with his coach ? 

D

His first 2 drafts the 1st round picks we're pretty much no brainers. His trades for the period of time in which they we're made sense. other than the McNabb, Lehner and Pysyk trades which were lousy. The contracts That He gave to O'Reilly and Okposo were for to much money especially O'Reilly's

Maybe the Best intuitive signing he made was Rodriguez.

D

His first 2 drafts the 1st round picks we're pretty much no brainers. His trades for the period of time in which they we're made sense. other than the McNabb, Lehner and Pysyk trades which were lousy. The contracts That He gave to O'Reilly and Okposo were for to much money especially O'Reilly's

Maybe the Best intuitive signing he made was Rodriguez.

The Moulson contract was by far the worst one. It should have been a 3 year deal even if he had to pay the guy $7 million per year to get him to sign.

None of the players traded away have been significant contributors to their teams, compared to ROR and Kane with the Sabres.

McNabb had trouble breaking into the Sabres lineup before the trade, which was for Fasching and Deslaurier, and an exchange of draft picks.

Ruewedal signed with the Pens on a two-way contract as a free agent and started in the AHL before being called up due to injuries.

None of the players traded away have been significant contributors to their teams, compared to ROR and Kane with the Sabres.

McNabb had trouble breaking into the Sabres lineup before the trade, which was for Fasching and Deslaurier, and an exchange of draft picks.

Ruewedal signed with the Pens on a two-way contract as a free agent and started in the AHL before being called up due to injuries.

Yeh but he showed signs of developing. Sabres if they didnt make trades could have a monster back line with skaters... hindsight yadda yadda. McNabb, Zadorov, Myers and Risto with Scandella and Ghule, No OReilly, yes that would be a big issue at center, but all the firsts traded away, they could have another young center, a goalie and wingers and traded one of them for a center when they became more valuable. Sabres have been buying high and selling low for years. Between Darcy and TM management has stunk giving away good D just saying JBots plans on developing players good! Edited by North Buffalo

Your first statement is simply wrong, Myers plays 20+ minutes and is a key figure on their PP. Armia anchors their 3rd line. Zadorov plays in their top 4 D and over 20 minutes a night.

As to the McNabb trade you are completely wrong. http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/la-kings-acquire-d-brayden-mcnabb-from-buffalo-sabres-in-multiplayer-deal-shuffle-roster

We gave up McNabb, Parker and 2 2nd rd picks for Fasching (a former 4th rd pick) and Delo (a former 3rd rd pick). The 2 picks given back to LA were the 2 picks LA gave us for Robyn Regher. We have since moved Delo to Montreal for AHLer Redmond. This was a terrible trade then and now that Fasching is looking like a career AHLer, it looking even worse.

Armia and Myers were 2 of the 5 skaters on the Jets 1st line PP.

Your going to have a hard time convincing me that is a good top line unit and one that I should be jealous of. Not saying that it was a good trade, it was quite possibly the best of Tim's all around badness, but it was a hockey trade.

The worst of the worst for me is still the Lehner trade. I hated it the day he did it and it has grown to me to be the worst trade I can personally remember for the Sabres.

Your first statement is simply wrong, Myers plays 20+ minutes and is a key figure on their PP. Armia anchors their 3rd line. Zadorov plays in their top 4 D and over 20 minutes a night.

As to the McNabb trade you are completely wrong. http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/la-kings-acquire-d-brayden-mcnabb-from-buffalo-sabres-in-multiplayer-deal-shuffle-roster

We gave up McNabb, Parker and 2 2nd rd picks for Fasching (a former 4th rd pick) and Delo (a former 3rd rd pick). The 2 picks given back to LA were the 2 picks LA gave us for Robyn Regher. We have since moved Delo to Montreal for AHLer Redmond. This was a terrible trade then and now that Fasching is looking like a career AHLer, it looking even worse.

You're right about Fasching. I thought the trade was horrible back then, but I was hoping Fasching would become a top forward in the NHL and salvage that trade. As it turns out the trade still looks terrible. Fasching looks like an AHL regular. Murray gambled too much on hope and not enough on reality. He really set this team back years.

Armia and Myers were 2 of the 5 skaters on the Jets 1st line PP.

Your going to have a hard time convincing me that is a good top line unit and one that I should be jealous of. Not saying that it was a good trade, it was quite possibly the best of Tim's all around badness, but it was a hockey trade.

The worst of the worst for me is still the Lehner trade. I hated it the day he did it and it has grown to me to be the worst trade I can personally remember for the Sabres.

The Kane was equally as bad despite the success Kane found here. It was more then just a hockey trade. We got two former high draft picks with long injury histories (one of which was injured at the time of the trade) and a long shot Goalie prospect. They 3 roster players in Armia, Myers, and Stafford plus a good prospect (Lemieux) and a 1st rd pick (Roslovic) who now often plays on their 1st line. We also took on Bogo & Kane long term $5 + contracts. The only long-term deal Wpg got was Myers. If this is the best deal during TM’s tenure because of Kane’s play, then TM grade as a GM should is a F-

Omg why are we doing this again. Murray sucked. We don't need to debate how much he sucked. He sucked, he's gone.

Dad, Bob started it.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

The Kane was equally as bad despite the success Kane found here. It was more then just a hockey trade. We got two former high draft picks with long injury histories (one of which was injured at the time of the trade) and a long shot Goalie prospect. They 3 roster players in Armia, Myers, and Stafford plus a good prospect (Lemieux) and a 1st rd pick (Roslovic) who now often plays on their 1st line. We also took on Bogo & Kane long term $5 + contracts. The only long-term deal Wpg got was Myers. If this is the best deal during TM’s tenure because of Kane’s play, then TM grade as a GM should is a F-

Dad, Bob started it.

Yeh but Joe lit it on fire! :)

So terrible. It's so obvious. Show of hands, who wanted him fired?

Swear to God, I'm too depressed* to remember. I don't even fcuking know at this point.

*depressed with the state of the Sabres, not clinically depressed. I'm a very happy person, don't worry about me. It's normal to be drunk at 1pm on a Monday.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.