GDT Buffalo at Toronto 3/26/18 7pm MSG, GR

Brawndo

It’s The Battle of the Opposites Tonight as the Leafs take on the Sabres.

Toronto has not lost a game at home since January. A win tonight will set the franchise record for most consecutive wins at home and the franchise season win total at 46.

Sabres really need to win tonight to play spoiler.

It’s The Battle of the Opposites Tonight as the Leafs take on the Sabres.

Toronto has not lost a game at home since January. A win tonight will set the franchise record for most consecutive wins at home and the franchise season win total at 46.

Sabres really need to win tonight to play spoiler.

Spoiler to what?

Sabres have a 3 point lead w/ 7 games to play. They got this.... :wallbash:

They can get to 72. That won't happen, but 2 W's over the Loafs (in their barn), 1 over the Otters, & a split down in FLA gets them to 66, find 1 more W to get to 68. Pathetic, but FAR better than 58-60 & it still gives them any pick from 1-7.

Come on Ullmark, backstop the way. Eichel, show Matthews how it's done. Reinhart, show why you were chosen 6 picks ahead of Nylander. Ristolainen, continue to whack that weasel Kadri every chance you get.

#### the mother ####### Loafs right up the ###. No ####### team records for those pricks tonight.

Edited by Taro T

They can get to 72. That won't happen, but 2 W's over the Loafs (in their barn), 1 over the Otters, & a split down in FLA gets them to 66, find 1 more W to get to 68. Pathetic, but FAR better than 58-60 & it still gives them any pick from 1-7.

Come on Ullmark, backstop the way. Eichel, show Matthews how it's done. Reinhart, show why you were chosen 6 picks ahead of Nylander. Ristolainen, continue to whack that weasel Kadri every chance you get.

#### the mother ####### Loafs right up the ###. No ####### team records for those pricks tonight.

The Sabres generally play well against the Leafs so I wouldn't be surprised if they bring it tonight and we see the good version of the Sabres again.  Before the last 3 games, they'd been playing really well.

That's the spirit. As bad as we have been I can still always say blow leafs blow.

We got a few Ontario boys on the team. Come on Sabres this ones for friends, family and fans.

Show some hockey pride.

Easy on my poor Leafs we are sensitive

Edited by millbank

I expect the Sabres to play well and come home (hopefully they make it back across the boarder)from The Great Satan with a big win.

GO SABRES!!

I would say that it might be best for Buffalo if the Sabres were detained at the border and not allowed to come back home but Canada will make sure they cross the borser to come back home. Canada doesn't want (or need) your garbage.......

I would say that it might be best for Buffalo if the Sabres were detained at the border and not allowed to come back home but Canada will make sure they cross the borser to come back home. Canada doesn't want (or need) your garbage.......

Je suis néo-écossais!!

:flirt:  :P  :wub:  ;)  :angel:

Edited by N S

Millbank I still wish both teams could be good at the same time... create a real rilvalry... what are your thoughts on the Leaf D, can they hold up in the playoffs or are they prone to too many hiccups.

I think the Leafs are still two years away from competing with the best teams. The goalie has been amazing . Without him they would be life and death to make the playoffs. Playing for the Marlies are a few very good young players who will be in the defence mix for many years. I don’t see them making it out of the first round this year.

I see the Sabres made a big signing today . I believe the rivalry will become meaningful again soon . Still think there are issues with the mix of players on the Sabres and it’s on the Gm to do his best to clean it up

Edited by millbank

As much as I want the sabres to win I still think this is a must lose. I hate the team as they are now and I hope they get bombshelled tonight and feel horrible about themselves.

I'm not sure they can feel any worse.    The problem is they have no fight, no pride.... they just accept losing, go through the motions and don't change anything... and coach lets them get away with and just keeps playing the same guys.    Maybe if he sat some of these clowns for a game or two, they would get the point.    

Edited by pi2000

I'm not sure they can feel any worse.    The problem is they have no fight, no pride.... they just accept losing, go through the motions and don't change anything... and coach lets them get away with and just keeps playing the same guys.    Maybe if he sat some of these clowns for a game or two, they would get the point.    

Well he challenged them at practice 72 games into the season or something so that could be the next step...maybe.

I don't know. It'd be nice to see Eichel go off tonight and put a big rainy downer on Torontos franchise win streaks but I feel like Babcock is going to have that team ready to go.

Guys, guys, guys.  This is an 82-game training camp.  Results mean nothing for this year.  If the P-House system is instilled and they can come out of the gate running next year instead of having to learn a new system, all the losing this year will mean nothing.

Guys, guys, guys.  This is an 82-game training camp.  Results mean nothing for this year.  If the P-House system is instilled and they can come out of the gate running next year instead of having to learn a new system, all the losing this year will mean nothing.

Exactly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.