Eichel & the "Fix" for '18-'19 Season

Bluto

I have to say I do not understand the anti-tank argument. The team wasn't any good. If they had kept the guys they dumped we would not be in the playoff hunt now anyway and we wouldn't have Eichel. Dont' see how we would have been any better not tanking. Bad management took a bad team and made it a worse team and thus was fired. Now we try again. If this management is better, we will be better (eventually). If they are not, we will waste another year.............and so on. 

Care to put some names to that 110% Eichel player? Can you also work out a non-nonstarter trade to get the other team to offer that player?

I got nothin'. But the idea would be trading 110% Eichel for 100% Eichel in hopes of ending up with 130% Eichel.

This gets overlooked.

He needs to be top 10.

I tend to agree. He was 11th last season, if I’m remembering correctly. Certainly a great result for a guy in his sophomore season. Scoring has gone up this year considerably, and Eichel’s p/gp is actually currently slightly lower than last season, resulting in him sitting in 37th right now.

Good, but not good enough. A lot of that is team related, though, as others have said.

Edited by Thorny

Ok let's trade Eichel. He's not any good so let's just dump him. He's not generational. Hey, this being a Sabres fan isn't all that hard after all.

He's not generational. He's good. You wouldn't "dump" him (give away for less than full value).

Otherwise, you nailed it.

The Bruins traded Seguin to Dallas, and one of those teams is in the playoffs and the other isn't...

Of course, the Habs traded Subban to Nashville and one of those teams is in the playoffs and the other isn't...

Do we have our guy in Jack? Does it matter? Ask the Islanders. Ask the Stars. Ask the Canucks. Ask Minnesota. Ask Ottawa. Ask San Jose. 

It's all kind of a crapshoot isn't it?

The gold standard for this discussion is Eric Lindros to Philly for Philly's prospect pool (which the Nordiques/Avs turned into a coupla Cups).  I'm not saying I back trading Eichel but I wouldn't necessarily be against it either.

The gold standard for this discussion is Eric Lindros to Philly for Philly's prospect pool (which the Nordiques/Avs turned into a coupla Cups).  I'm not saying I back trading Eichel but I wouldn't necessarily be against it either.

They still had to add Patrick Roy on top...

This team was putting in good efforts until Jack was put back in the lineup.  What if Jack is the locker room problem and it wasn't Evander? 

We've commented before about the team not playing in front of certain goalies and speculated about personality clashes.  We could be seeing some similar correlation here.

This team was putting in good efforts until Jack was put back in the lineup.  What if Jack is the locker room problem and it wasn't Evander? 

We've commented before about the team not playing in front of certain goalies and speculated about personality clashes.  We could be seeing some similar correlation here.

I don’t think Jack is healthy. The problem seems more like they have decided to mail it because even good efforts weren’t yielding any results.

This team was putting in good efforts until Jack was put back in the lineup. What if Jack is the locker room problem and it wasn't Evander?

We've commented before about the team not playing in front of certain goalies and speculated about personality clashes. We could be seeing some similar correlation here.

I don't think Jack is easy to play with.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.