#Caseywatch

Crusader1969

Sabres can offer Casey a chance to keep playing hockey this year for another month or more at the AHL level, then the NHL next year at a maximum salary.

Gophers can offer him a long summer vacation from hockey then another year playing for an average team in college.

I know what I’d pick

Edited by dudacek

As soon as the brackets are announced and Minnesota misses out, make the call, off him a rookie max deal and get him signed. He needs to be playing in the AHL playoffs this spring and in the NFL next fall!

Comes in Botts we need skill!

As soon as the brackets are announced and Minnesota misses out, make the call, off him a rookie max deal and get him signed. He needs to be playing in the AHL playoffs this spring and in the NFL next fall!

Comes in Botts we need skill!

Here's a poster blast from the past. Good to see your name pop up again. Makes me think of 98-99.

Kris Baker also said Minnesota is out, and he's as reliable as can be.

Brawndo had it here 1st. He even gave us the scenario prior to the games being played. The teams in were nailed by him (except ND missing for the 1st time since '02). :thumbsup: :beer:

Full list of 2018 Hobey Baker Trophy Nominees:

...Casey Fitzgerald...Casey Mittelstadt...Daniel Brinkley...Dev-in Buffalo...Max Veronneau...

Both of our Caseys were nominated.  I say sign both NOW.

We had Daniel Brinkley at devel camp. Sign him ASAP.

Max Veronneau is a free-agent scoring machine. Sign him ASAP.

Dev in Buffalo...Gotta love the name...Sign him!

And yes, it's official that both of our Caseys are out of the Final NCAA Men's DivI Hockey Bracket.

It's too bad that we didn't get Will Butcher last year. He seems to have been a difference maker for Jersey.

Stealing from a post on another forum [who probably stole it from elsewhere.]

We need to actually sign a goalie out of Notre Dame for a change.

The top 10 [Hobey Baker Nominees] were

1) Dylan Sikura (W) Northeasten U - Blackhawks*
2) Cale Morris (G) Notre Dame - Undrafted
3) Adam Gaudette © Northeasten U - Canucks
4) Henrik Borgstrom © University of Denver - Panthers
5) Louis Belpedio (D) Miami U -Wild*
6) Colton Point (G) Colgate U - Stars
7) Jimmy Schuldt (D) St. Cloud U - Undrafted
8) Tanner Laczynski © Ohio State - Flyers
9) Daniel Brickley (D) Minnesota State U - Undrafted
10) Dylan McLaughlin © Canisius College - Undrafted

I don't mean to be a chief boar by posting so much, but if we sign Veronneau,

Rick Jeanerette can say after every goal:  il es un verrat de voleur !

or as Homer Simpson said: Mon 'tit verrat!

For the French Impaired...relax Francis...here's the end-goal:

A noter enfin une quatrième possibilité : le veron (ou verron) était aussi au Moyen Âge un autre nom du verrat. C'est peut-être ce dernier sens qui convient le mieux pour le nom Verron (53, 49, 44), tout en sachant qu'il s'agit parfois d'une simple variante graphique de Véron. Diminutifs : Véronneau, Verronneau

From the Athletic

Lucia doesn’t sound like expects to remain with Minnesota next year

The Minnesota men’s hockey program expected Sunday would be the start of their postseason and learning about their first-round opponent in the NCAA Tournament. Instead it was the start of their offseason after an unprecedented four lower-ranked teams earned automatic qualifications and Minnesota Duluth leapfrogged the Gophers in the PairWise Rankings for the last at-large bid.

For Don Lucia, it could also be the end of a 19-year run as the Gophers head coach.

“I’ve thought about (missing the NCAAs) from the standpoint it’s just a tough way to end the season,” Lucia told The Athletic in a Sunday phone conversation. “I think Mark (Coyle) and I have had a lot of good dialogue the last couple years, and I think we’re both on the same plan.”

The plan wasn’t something Lucia wanted to share as he hasn’t met or talked with Minnesota’s athletic director since Saturday’s fallout, but he sounded resigned to the possibility this was his last season. Coyle is in Eugene, Oregon, this weekend watching the Gophers women’s basketball the play in the NCAA Tournament.

Sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere but another big consideration for Casey is that as soon as he signs his ELC, he will burn a year off. Doesn't matter how many games he plays. Since he is 20 later this year.

Though, I'm not sure if this will allow him to play with the Amerks or not? Thinking he has to sign an ATO deal and not his ELC deal to play in the AHL this season. anyone know for certain? Thanks

According to reports, Don Lucia is stepping down as head coach at Minnesota. More to follow....

Per College Sports News

HOusley's replacement?   Might entice Casey to sign...  great idea?  or greatest idea?

HOusley's replacement? Might entice Casey to sign... great idea? or greatest idea?

Despite the ridiculous meme that's been circulating on this board about Casey, he's not saving the franchise. A nice piece. Not Jack eichel but maybe Reinhart with speed.

With Lucia going, it seems logical for Casey to go to pros.

I disagree, but it really depends on who they would replace Lucia with. Lucia is seen as a problem so if he's getting canned then Casey staying in Minnesota becomes less of an issue.

That said, Casey may decide he doesn't want to stick around for a coaching change anyway. So who knows. But I think J-Bots would prefer he not be playing under Lucia in any event. 

Ryan Lindgren signs with the Rangers, has the exodus begun?

With Lindgren leaving, I'll be really surprised if Casey stays.

Despite the ridiculous meme that's been circulating on this board about Casey, he's not saving the franchise. A nice piece. Not Jack eichel but maybe Reinhart with speed.

Reinhart with speed? Sounds like a sure fire all-star

I disagree, but it really depends on who they would replace Lucia with. Lucia is seen as a problem so if he's getting canned then Casey staying in Minnesota becomes less of an issue.

That said, Casey may decide he doesn't want to stick around for a coaching change anyway. So who knows. But I think J-Bots would prefer he not be playing under Lucia in any event.

Why would Casey want to stay and go through a coaching change and learn a new system. If he is going to have to start over might as well go to the pros and get paid for it.

Why would Casey want to stay and go through a coaching change and learn a new system. If he is going to have to start over might as well go to the pros and get paid for it.

Well, that's why I posited the scenario. I could see him not wanting to deal with the coaching change. The only hangup would be whether that is what Botterill wants to do with him. Either way he wont be dealing with Lucia next season.