GDT:Capitals at Sabres 3 pm 2/19/18 MSG GR

Brawndo

Credit to Rodrigues for setting that up. He's been the lone bright spot lately. He's doubled his production from last year.

Yup.

- - -

The only difference I see with this team is that after getting outplayed in the first 2 periods nearly every game, and getting outshot, they continue playing their mediocre brand of hockey in the third, instead of packing it in, while the other team goes into Alamo expecting an easy road to a win. So the shots end up close.

It’s hard to see much value in it, aside from the fact they aren’t giving up. That’s a good thing, but these 3rd periods are more often than not equivalent to Garbage Time yards in the NFL.

Rob Ray’s first key to the game comes up big there. Nice pass Risto, nice pass.

Edited by Thorny

KO’s goal. I’m really, perhaps irrationally, happy with how he’s come back from what he’s gone through.

He can join Jack, Samson, Risto and Ullmark in the “players currently with the team I would not happily fire into the sun” club.

Okay, Maybe KO just takes Risto’s spot...

They checked the clock after Kane scored and left it at 3.3. The puck appeared to go in with 3.7 seconds left. It could have mattered — ROR actually got a shot off as time expired.

On the Ovechkin goal, it was probably below the crossbar, but that is such a tricky call. Go stand on the ice in skates and crouch down a little. The crossbar is only four feet off the ice. For a lot of these guys, that's chest-high. I wish they'd go back to shoulder-height.

They checked the clock after Kane scored and left it at 3.3. The puck appeared to go in with 3.7 seconds left. It could have mattered — ROR actually got a shot off as time expired.

On the Ovechkin goal, it was probably below the crossbar, but that is such a tricky call. Go stand on the ice in skates and crouch down a little. The crossbar is only four feet off the ice. For a lot of these guys, that's chest-high. I wish they'd go back to shoulder-height.

It's funny how the rule is that it's shoulder height for every other play, unless it goes in the net.

I actually thought it was over the crossbar when het tipped it.

I also thought there was no way they could overturn it.

Did anybody notice why both Okposo AND Beaulieu were without sticks on the Caps 2nd goal?

(Couldn't be bothered to rewind back to see what had happened to them both.)

Beaulieu reached for a puck and guy skated by and just hit it out. John Carlson clamped down on Okposo's stick and just ripped it out of his hands.

So, on the score board the Sabres lost the 1st 1 - 0 and the second 1 - 0 (they played both those periods ranging from badly to horrible).  They won the 3rd 2 - 1, although their second goal was in the dying seconds after a Caps goal to make it 3 - 1.  They looked pretty good in the 3rd, thanks Phil for that update.

Progress, I think, but the pattern here is some what troubling, even for me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.