Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Weave said:

What am I seeing here?

He is removing something from his pants and letting it flop down 

With the size being greatly exaggerated for effect 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bg17 said:

 

Boom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He is removing something from his pants and letting it flop down 

With the size being greatly exaggerated for effect 

That can only mean one thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, WildCard said:

Trevor Lawrence comes out in two years. That's pretty much the consensus for the max Brady will last in NE. Imagine if they just walked right into Lawrence from Brady

Right. Lawrence will be coming out potentially in the same offseason Brady retires, so the Patriots won’t be anywhere near the number one pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Right. Lawrence will be coming out potentially in the same offseason Brady retires, so the Patriots won’t be anywhere near the number one pick.

Until the devil comes to collect I'm not putting anything past them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyler Murray to forego the A's MLB offer and is expected to declare for the NFL draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Kyler Murray to forego the A's MLB offer and is expected to declare for the NFL draft

I feel like this is a poor decision 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, inkman said:

I feel like this is a poor decision 

Take into consideration:

He won't ever get paid playing for the A's so that's 6 MLB service years plus whatever minor league time he needs on a small contract before he had a chance at big money.

Also....eh, I got nothing. No idea where he projects to be drafted into the NFL. But if he's good, he'll make money and if he busts out early he may(although unlikely) get another shot at baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Take into consideration:

He won't ever get paid playing for the A's so that's 6 MLB service years plus whatever minor league time he needs on a small contract before he had a chance at big money.

Also....eh, I got nothing. No idea where he projects to be drafted into the NFL. But if he's good, he'll make money and if he busts out early he may(although unlikely) get another shot at baseball.

If Murray chooses the NFL over MLB, he will have to return the $4.66 million signing bonus he received from the A's. 

Also the kids is the best QB in the draft if he declares no ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hoss said:

Right. Lawrence will be coming out potentially in the same offseason Brady retires, so the Patriots won’t be anywhere near the number one pick.

It's also worth noting Belichick went 11-5 with Matt freaking Cassel and 3-1 when Brady got suspended. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Jets hire Adam Gase as HC 

Dumbfounding.

I can see wanting the guy to come in and work with Darnold -- Gase has a lot of good QB work in his portfolio (and P. Manning is a big booster). But his track record as a HC makes this hire a truly strange one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Dumbfounding.

I can see wanting the guy to come in and work with Darnold -- Gase has a lot of good QB work in his portfolio (and P. Manning is a big booster). But his track record as a HC makes this hire a truly strange one.

His work in year one with that team was impressive. His work with that team this year was impressive up until the last few games. This should’ve been an appealing job, so I expected more than Gase but I’m not convinced it won’t work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Hoss said:

His work in year one with that team was impressive. His work with that team this year was impressive up until the last few games. This should’ve been an appealing job, so I expected more than Gase but I’m not convinced it won’t work.

He's a good mind, he's also hated by his entire locker room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

If Murray chooses the NFL over MLB, he will have to return the $4.66 million signing bonus he received from the A's. 

Also the kids is the best QB in the draft if he declares no ? 

The NFL v. MLB discussion is an interesting one. You can make a lot more money in the MLB as they have guaranteed contracts and a much higher pay scale, however it can take many years of toiling in the minors for basically minimum wage before making it to the show, if you make it at all. It's very possible that the $4.66M signing bonus is all Murray would make in baseball. But the risk of his body breaking down/quality of life after sports is greatly reduced.

The NFL ensures he will get a better contract earlier if he is indeed a high pick in the draft, and if he proves to be even a decent NFL QB then his second contract could be good as well, but there is just as much chance of busting and not getting anything more than the first contract, and the non-guaranteed contracts mean a lot more uncertainty year to year. Not to mention the concussion/quality of life discussion, which may be mitigated a little by being a QB - who are protected by the rules more than say a O-linemen.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does a player actually have to declare for the draft if they no longer have any remaining NCAA eligibility?  I don't know if that's the case for Murray or not, but either way, I'm still curious about the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shrader said:

Does a player actually have to declare for the draft if they no longer have any remaining NCAA eligibility?  I don't know if that's the case for Murray or not, but either way, I'm still curious about the answer.

I think Murray does because he has already signed a deal with the Oakland A's in MLB. If he declares or is drafted (not sure which) he has to give back his signing bonus of ~$4M from the A's

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shrader said:

Does a player actually have to declare for the draft if they no longer have any remaining NCAA eligibility?  I don't know if that's the case for Murray or not, but either way, I'm still curious about the answer.

Murray has another year. But regardless you have to pay to be in the NFL Draft.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Is that Frank Reich or Mandy Pantinkin?

Tremendous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL is basically WWE right now.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patriots are absolutely dominating without Tom Brady needing to make a single throw of note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The Patriots are absolutely dominating without Tom Brady needing to make a single throw of note.

Edelman is obviously back on the juice.

The refs gave the Pats their first touchdown--it was Gronk committing PI, not the Charger.

The refs have ignored every late hit on Rivers.

The NFL does NOT want an LA-LA Super Bowl and it is glaringly obvious.

The NFL is WWE right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...